Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

yeast?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:52 PM
  • 21 Replies
Samara has had a stubborn diaper rash, my friend said it looked like yeast, and I agree. I have tried breastmilk, probiotics, i just wahsed the diapers super well, in vinegar hot water etc. I have let her got naked as much as I can. I used coconut oil mixed with grapefruit extract. How long will she have this for?!?!
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Have you tried yogurt on her skin? Organic, plain kind?

How old is she now? Sorry I forget!
Precious333
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:12 PM
That's ok, i forget sometimes too, she's 7 months. I havent dont yogurt, i do have plain organic, but I have to check the expiration date.

Quoting jconney80: Have you tried yogurt on her skin? Organic, plain kind?

How old is she now? Sorry I forget!
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:22 PM
The yeast will live in the cloth until they are boiled or bleached (with bleach or sun), put her in disposables util it's 100% clear or it won't go away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:24 PM
I was hoping the vinegar with hot water wpuld do the trick :( darn!

Quoting jellyphish: The yeast will live in the cloth until they are boiled or bleached (with bleach or sun), put her in disposables util it's 100% clear or it won't go away.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Nope. I tried that too, I soaked them in vinegar with oregano oil and it didn't help. Sucks.

Quoting Precious333: I was hoping the vinegar with hot water wpuld do the trick :( darn!

Quoting jellyphish: The yeast will live in the cloth until they are boiled or bleached (with bleach or sun), put her in disposables util it's 100% clear or it won't go away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Ok, i wi do that. Yeast sucks!!! Lol

Quoting jellyphish: Nope. I tried that too, I soaked them in vinegar with oregano oil and it didn't help. Sucks.

Quoting Precious333: I was hoping the vinegar with hot water wpuld do the trick :( darn!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

TTO in the wash will help cut yeast too!

michellefrogs
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I went through this too. I used tto in a cold wash, then oxygen bleach (Biokleen brand) in a hot wash, then I washed regularly and put in sun to dry. Also, keep baby in disposables until the rash disappears and then continue to treat and use disposables for at least 5 more days. The yeast can continue to live on the skin, even after the rash disappears. If not, you could reinfect the diapers, which then reinfects the baby and you will get caught up in a vicious cycle! Nothing natural worked for my daughter's rash, we had to resort to a prescription cream from her doctor. Good luck!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:33 PM

stubborn yeast!

Terpsichore
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:34 PM

DD had a yeast infection there for 6 months. Yeast reproduces every 30 minutes. I used over the counter lotrimin fm (athlete's foot) at every diaper change for 2-3 days for it to clear up, which is more than recommended, but after 6 months I was sick of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)