Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Anyone else having a healthy or sugar-free Easter?

Posted by   + Show Post
This year we are on GAPS so we won't be doing any candy. It won't be a big shock to the kids because we have cut back on the candy for Easter in previous years.

Are you doing a healthier Easter? Going candy free or trying to avoid it?

What are some ideas you have to give instead of candy?
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:38 PM

This is a good post.  I want to start getting prepared for Easter since I could have the babies around then.

hapababies
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:41 PM
I'm going to do Annie's bunny cookies and crackers. I was also thinking of putting puzzle pieces in the eggs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvemboth
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:45 PM
We don't do candy in Easter baskets...usually a swimsuit, sandals, a book and maybe a small toy. The eggs for the egg hunt sometimes have candy in them, but mostly coins, stickers or tiny toys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:16 PM

We just hide eggs that have scavenger notes that tell them where to find there big Easter basket. In their basket they had crafts, toys, and rain boots this year.

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:52 PM

We usually do homemade PB eggs that we buy locally.

I'm not sure what else will be in their 'baskets' at this point.

EcoModernMom
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM

pretty much this.

Quoting luvemboth: We don't do candy in Easter baskets...usually a swimsuit, sandals, a book and maybe a small toy. The eggs for the egg hunt sometimes have candy in them, but mostly coins, stickers or tiny toys.

LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:25 PM
I'll be honest we are giving them a peanut butter cup that is shaped like an egg in their baskets. We do new Sunday outfit, new summer outfit, bubbles, chalk, jump rope small little outside toys and gardening tools as well.
monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:48 PM
We do egg hunt... But we do chocolate along with stickers and stuff.
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:24 PM

I wish I could say we were. I also wish I could say I haven't already eaten two bags of those Cadbury chocolate eggs since easter candy appeared on the shelves. 

I have however asked the kids if they would rather have a small pet instead of candy for easter. So far they are dying to have some fish. So maybe it'll be fish for easter with a few jellybeans and homemade cookies. :)

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Are you talking about for easter baskets?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)