Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Anyone else having a healthy or sugar-free Easter?

Posted by   + Show Post
This year we are on GAPS so we won't be doing any candy. It won't be a big shock to the kids because we have cut back on the candy for Easter in previous years.

Are you doing a healthier Easter? Going candy free or trying to avoid it?

What are some ideas you have to give instead of candy?
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
SaraCate
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Confetti eggs - blow some eggs and let them dry, fill with confetti/glitter, cover with tissue paper. Google confetti eggs or cascarones. :)

We do savory crackers, like small Japanese rice crackers or cheddar bunnies for filling egg-hunt eggs

Outdoor toys/games

Art supplies

Sunshine71980
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

We give a new movie, a toy of some sort and a healthy option of "candy" like homemade fruit snacks, yogurt melts, or popsicles.  Last year, we also gave them the reusable food pouches (squooshi) and yogurts.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Yeah we can have honey on full GAPS and make yummy treats but that's after the intro part. I'm almost to full GAPS! Yay! Lol the kids aren't though so no treats for them yet lol

Quoting jellyphish: Can you have sugar subs like honey or maple syrup?
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Cool I really like your ideas! Those are great

Quoting Sunshine71980:

We give a new movie, a toy of some sort and a healthy option of "candy" like homemade fruit snacks, yogurt melts, or popsicles.  Last year, we also gave them the reusable food pouches (squooshi) and yogurts.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Those are all great ideas! I'll have to look that up

Quoting SaraCate:

Confetti eggs - blow some eggs and let them dry, fill with confetti/glitter, cover with tissue paper. Google confetti eggs or cascarones. :)

We do savory crackers, like small Japanese rice crackers or cheddar bunnies for filling egg-hunt eggs

Outdoor toys/games

Art supplies

jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:24 PM

That sounds yummy!!

Quoting jellyphish: I do Amy's bunnies, this year I'm going to attempt making cadberry bunnies with coconut cream for the filling, well see how it goes I guess. And I'm going to do eggs this year for the first time ever, so that by itself should be fun.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:26 PM

I really like the berry idea! My kids would LOVE that! Maybe I'll do that next year :)

Quoting Terpsichore:

We will have 2 egg hunts and a basket for them. The first egg hunt is at the grandparents' house and will have plastic eggs filled with blueberries, blackberries, other berries. The second egg hunt is at the great-grandparents' house and will be colored boiled eggs. 

My two will each have an Easter basket with a new swimsuit, towel, floaties,and possibly footwear.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:27 PM

I've heard of doing the puzzle pieces too! That is another great idea. I think if my younger kids were older they might be more interested in that. I'll have to remember it for then

Quoting hapababies: I'm going to do Annie's bunny cookies and crackers. I was also thinking of putting puzzle pieces in the eggs.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Oh yeah good idea! You want to be prepared before then :)

Quoting Sarah725:

This is a good post.  I want to start getting prepared for Easter since I could have the babies around then.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:48 PM

I love those ideas! I was thinking of looking at a party store for some little gifts that would fit inside an egg. Or getting little erasers

Quoting MamaNickelatti: We don't do candy. I put Annie's snack in some, change, stickers, fake tattoos, bouncy balls

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN