Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Do you eat lunch meat at all?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:53 AM
  • 37 Replies

I know it contains nitrites/nitrates and is not good to eat a lot of. We do still eat some. It's not an every day thing and something we only have occasionally.

What about you do you eat lunch meat?

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM
We like lunch meat. We're having fried bologna for lunch today.
hapababies
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:55 AM
No. Neither do my boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:56 AM
No, I don't. Unless someone served it to me when I'm a guest or I have ordered a sub at our local Italian restaurant from time to time.

If I make myself a sandwich at home, I use shaved meat from something I baked myself. Or like yesterday, dh grilled chicken and we made sandwiches with that.
funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Yum, I love to make my own sandwich fillings.

Quoting SlapItHigh: No, I don't. Unless someone served it to me when I'm a guest or I have ordered a sub at our local Italian restaurant from time to time. If I make myself a sandwich at home, I use shaved meat from something I baked myself. Or like yesterday, dh grilled chicken and we made sandwiches with that.

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

The other week, I wanted bologna so bad, so I grabbed a pack and had grilled bologna and cheese for breakfast a couple days in a row, lol. That's not something I'd eat often though.

Quoting bmw29: We like lunch meat. We're having fried bologna for lunch today.

bmw29
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:11 AM
I can't do fried bologna from the pack. It has to be from the deli and sliced super thick. I fry the bologna then butter two pieces of bread, add the meat, cheese, onion and tomato and then fry that like grilled cheese. LOL We only get about 5 slices of bologna from a pound.

Quoting funhappymom:

The other week, I wanted bologna so bad, so I grabbed a pack and had grilled bologna and cheese for breakfast a couple days in a row, lol. That's not something I'd eat often though.

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Oh that sound really good. I don't do from the pack very often. I much prefer the fresh sliced stuff myself but the place where we get our lunch meat was already closed for the day.

Quoting bmw29: I can't do fried bologna from the pack. It has to be from the deli and sliced super thick. I fry the bologna then butter two pieces of bread, add the meat, cheese, onion and tomato and then fry that like grilled cheese. LOL We only get about 5 slices of bologna from a pound.
Quoting funhappymom:

bmw29
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
That's our favorite lunch on our yearly beach trip. LOL I don't make it often at home but everyone loves it so when dh comes home for lunch I'm surprising him. :-D

Quoting funhappymom:

Oh that sound really good. I don't do from the pack very often. I much prefer the fresh sliced stuff myself but the place where we get our lunch meat was already closed for the day.

Quoting bmw29: I can't do fried bologna from the pack. It has to be from the deli and sliced super thick. I fry the bologna then butter two pieces of bread, add the meat, cheese, onion and tomato and then fry that like grilled cheese. LOL We only get about 5 slices of bologna from a pound.

Quoting funhappymom:

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:38 AM
It was so good. Seasoned chicken and spinach on an asiago cheese bagel. I'm about to eat another one for breakfast, lol.

Quoting funhappymom:

Yum, I love to make my own sandwich fillings.

Quoting SlapItHigh: No, I don't. Unless someone served it to me when I'm a guest or I have ordered a sub at our local Italian restaurant from time to time.

If I make myself a sandwich at home, I use shaved meat from something I baked myself. Or like yesterday, dh grilled chicken and we made sandwiches with that.

Khelmoria
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:56 AM

we do not eat meat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)