Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natural/better for you shampoos

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM
  • 19 Replies

I'm pretty sure I've asked this before in here but can't find my post.

Do any of you use a natural or a better for you shampoo? I don't mind spending a bit extra for a shampoo with less junk in it.

What do you use?

ETA: I do know about no poo, but I'm not interested in attempting that at this point and going through the adjustment period.

by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I make my own. 

lalaboosh
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I rarely use shampoo, I actually had to go out and buy some for going blonde with bleach washes. Lol. Before I decided to go without shampoo I was using Alaffia, it's a great brand that's also local. So if you go with Alaffia, thanks for supporting my local community. Lol. I usually use Shakai (I think that's how it's spelled) every day conditioner or whatever they call it and use it like it's shampoo and leave it in like it's conditioner. My hair and scalp has been really lovely since then, too. I recently went to refil my bottle of condiitoner (I get it in bulk) and they were out, so I had to choose another one. I got the Allafia hair lotion and ZOMG I think I've been converted even though I think it's twice as expensive. Lol. I think Shakai costs me about $7 a pound and Alaffia is like $16 a pound or something. Lol. It's soooo goood, though. I have bleached my hair like 8 times and my hair feels like silk after using the hair lotion once.

michellefrogs
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I use Poofy Organics. Handmade in our New Jersey store. All ingredients that can be are USDA certified organic and everything is toxin free.

http://mypoofyorganics.com/michellesiler

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Care to share your recipe?

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I make my own. 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Lush. Awesome stuff right there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:48 PM

I use a brand called EO.  It's all natural, made from essential oils and natural botanicals.  It's sulfate, paraben, and dye free.  I like it a lot.

redmummyof3
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:33 PM

i use main and tail it's around 15 bucks  it is used for show horses  but i can pronounce evereything in it you can get it at the drug store or online.and dove i swear by it

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

This is what I use

http://www.organicauthority.com/delicious-beauty/homemade-shampoo-and-conditioner-recipes-for-natural-hair.html#s.abdgrnrxyayaa

Quoting funhappymom:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I make my own. 

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Thanks. I'll have to try this :)

Quoting JoJoBean8:

This is what I use

http://www.organicauthority.com/delicious-beauty/homemade-shampoo-and-conditioner-recipes-for-natural-hair.html#s.abdgrnrxyayaa

Quoting funhappymom:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I make my own. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)