Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

hypnobirthing

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:23 PM
  • 18 Replies
Hi there,
I am new to this group. I am pregnant with my second child, due sometime in mid August. I was curious if anyone here had used hypnobirthing and what their experience was. Any book or DVD recommendations?
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:28 PM
I didnt use hypnobirthing exactly but I did focus on relaxing all my muscles and my face during contractions. I also focused on holding my baby. It was my best birth out of 5. I was smiling while pushing and laughing during breaks in transition. It hurt but it was nothing like my other births.
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM
I used it but never made it through the books as my son came a little earlier than expected.
princess_peach
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Yep I used it with my second. I loved it! I now teach it and will use it again with my third baby due in a few weeks.
Start with HypnoBirthing The Mongan Method. If you think it is right for you, look for a practitioner in your area. I can help you find one if you like. You can also check out the HypnoBirthing you tube channel to see some amazing births.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:32 AM
No. Just want to welcome you to the group.
Welcome! Congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:43 AM
I haven't but I'm curious about it with #4.
Welcome to the group and congrats on your pregnancy!!! :)
8cRuNcHy_GyPsY8
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:48 AM

i used it with my last 2 and it worked great for me! i would reccomend it. i read hypnobirthing the mongan method.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Werlcome to the group momma!! my midwife highly recommend hynobirthing and moms whouse it seem so peaceful!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Welcome to the group!

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Welcome to the group! I used Hypnobabies and Hypnobirthing the Mongan Method. I loved both. Are you going to be having a home or hospital birth? Congrats!!

Jordypop
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:36 PM
I am having a hospital birth. My first one was terrible. I felt bullied the entire time and ended up having a c-section because my doctor wanted to go home.

Quoting jconney80:

Welcome to the group! I used Hypnobabies and Hypnobirthing the Mongan Method. I loved both. Are you going to be having a home or hospital birth? Congrats!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)