Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What age is too old?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:08 AM
  • 60 Replies

What age is too old for you to have kids?  I am 35, I always swore 35 was my limit, but now being 35 I am rethinking that if things straightened out and financiallay we felt ready I would be ok with later..what about you? got an age?  Even if more are not in the works/plans

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM
5 moms liked this
Whenever menopause happens. Our bodies stop being able to have kids when we become too old. So it's literally written into nature. Our bodies naturally tell us! I love natural bodies, natural fertility, natural conception, etc.
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
And FWIW, in 35 and TTC.
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM
*i'm
MamaTwinkleA
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM
I will stop when I am 35 or until I have 4 kids. :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:42 AM
I don't have a cut off age. I am 36 and would like to have another.
JalynSpoon
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:58 AM

I think the age is when you are ready. That can be at 20 or that can be 35. But then again, if you are waiting for the right time, then there might never be the right time.

micheledo
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree - after menopause you are too old! :)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Well I agree BUT with age your chances of birth defects also rises and its also harder on our bodies to recover from pregnancies later in life.  I am talking about when is too old for each person personally....wish menopause was the natural time inmy family, so far I am the first woman in 5 generations that hasnt gone into menopause by 35

Quoting SlapItHigh: Whenever menopause happens. Our bodies stop being able to have kids when we become too old. So it's literally written into nature. Our bodies naturally tell us! I love natural bodies, natural fertility, natural conception, etc.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM

right..I was asking when each woman HERE thinks is too old for them

Quoting JalynSpoon:

I think the age is when you are ready. That can be at 20 or that can be 35. But then again, if you are waiting for the right time, then there might never be the right time.

bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM
I will be 31 in August and have 3 children- 2, 4, and 6. I think 35 is my cut off. I'm pretty sure we are done but there aren't any "permanent" birth control measures being discussed at this time. I would always welcome another child but I don't know if i would choose to ttc after my youngest is almost 7.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)