Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

'Reduce, Reuse, and Repurpose' Challenge Day 5 - Picture Frames

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:27 AM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today's challenge is repurposing picture frames. 

Here are some ideas to repurpose picture frames: 

Hair bow holder (pictured above): Use a frame that no longer has it's glass or remove glass from frame. Paint frame, if you'd like. Glue material of your choice to cardboard backing of frame. Choose ribbon and cut approx. 1 1/2- 2 inches longer than your frame, glue overlap to the back of your backing, do not glue the ribbon to the front of material. Place backing into frame and secure. Hang frame and add bows. 

Customized dry erase board (pictured above): Paint frame color of choice. Attach material, craft paper or scrapbook paper to frame backing using glue. If needed, add a plain piece of paper to the top of the backing. Put frame together, hang and enjoy. 

Frame out special features on the wall: Use a frame that no longer has it's glass or cardboard backing by framing out special features on your wall. You can paint the frame to match your decor. Use around a chalk board painted to your wall (pictured above), Use several around a special collection or special photos to make them stand out more.

How have you repurposed picture frames?

Sign up for the Reduce, Reuse and Repurpose Challenge for a chance to WIN a $25 Gift Card and other prizes: Join the 'Reduce, Reuse and Repurpose Challenge!' WIN a $25 Gift Card and Other Prizes.
If you missed Friday's post, you can find it here:
'Reduce, Reuse, and Repurpose' Challenge Day 4 - Boxes 

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicolett80
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Very cute ideas! Never have done it before though.
othermom
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Not really, just for pictures

jsbuck
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I just did this a couple of months ago.  I bought wrapping paper and sayings from the Dollar Tree and put them together in some old frames.

Remy11
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:45 AM
For all the repurposing I do, I don't think I have ever needed to repurpose one.. They are all on photos!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:48 AM

we always need frames for pictures lol, we have LOADS of pictures

AspensMama1537
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Same here!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

conweis
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I want to try some of these ideas

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Haha, yes, we have a ton of photos too but with movie and kids, we have had a few broken ones. The one I have pictured above is one I bought at the dollar store for this purpose. The one around the chalkboard got broken while we were moving and I couldn't part with the frame, it was so nice and when we redid our kitchen several years ago, I found the perfect use for it. 

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Juniper53098
by June on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:23 PM

All of our picture frames have photos in them.

AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I could use some of these things around!  I'll keep my eye out for broken picture frames.  Thanks for the ideas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN