Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

v consulation update

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:16 PM
  • 35 Replies
Dh has his consultation with tge urologist today to get a vasectomy. So sad :( anyone here have any kind of perminant birth control? Did you mourn it at all?

Update: its scheduled for May 9th :(
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I definitely mourned when my husband got a vasectomy.  It was very sad for me because I would have had more children but I also knew we couldn't afford any more.  It should be sad, it's an ending to a big part of your life.  You should also think of it as a celebration to a new beginning.  :)  

Even with my husband having a vasectomy almost 3 yrs ago I'm still pregnant with twins.  You can always be a surrogate :)

Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:29 PM
You got pregnant with twins after his vasectomy?!?! I could never be a surrogate. He said he would consider adoption later.

Quoting Sarah725:

I definitely mourned when my husband got a vasectomy.  It was very sad for me because I would have had more children but I also knew we couldn't afford any more.  It should be sad, it's an ending to a big part of your life.  You should also think of it as a celebration to a new beginning.  :)  

Even with my husband having a vasectomy almost 3 yrs ago I'm still pregnant with twins.  You can always be a surrogate :)

LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:49 PM

My husbands consult is next month. It makes me very sad. I really want 1 more but it isn't going to happen for us and I am hating my current bc. When I get sad about it I remind myself how blessed I am to have the 2 that I do have and I try to be grateful. But still like PP said it is the end of something so I think it is normal for it to be a little sad.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:48 PM

:( I have 4, so many people think I was crazy to have that many to begin with, let alone want more someday.

Quoting LaideBug:

My husbands consult is next month. It makes me very sad. I really want 1 more but it isn't going to happen for us and I am hating my current bc. When I get sad about it I remind myself how blessed I am to have the 2 that I do have and I try to be grateful. But still like PP said it is the end of something so I think it is normal for it to be a little sad.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
The twins are a surrogate pregnancy LOL.

Quoting Precious333: You got pregnant with twins after his vasectomy?!?! I could never be a surrogate. He said he would consider adoption later.

Quoting Sarah725:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:55 PM
5 moms liked this
No permanent BC here, so no mourning.
My husband would rather have 10 children than ever get a vasectomy, so if anything permanent is ever done, it'll be up to me. But I think it's fine to be done and not do anything permanent. Who knows, when I'm 39 I might suddenly decide I need one more before it's too late!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Lol, ok

Quoting larissalarie: The twins are a surrogate pregnancy LOL.

Quoting Precious333: You got pregnant with twins after his vasectomy?!?! I could never be a surrogate. He said he would consider adoption later.

Quoting Sarah725:

booaura
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:16 PM
No, we are currently expecting our fourth. After this baby is born, we will discuss and decide if we want more, and what we want to do birth control wise.
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Dh and I always said we would never do anything permanent unless another child would put my life at risk. 

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:31 PM

No permanency here. We discussed it before we got married and I told him, I could never do anything to permanently prevent us from having children. 3 children later and feeling like we are one, I still feel the same way. I thought I was done after two and about 3 years later decided I wanted one more, so we tried for one more and 3 years later, had another.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)