Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Anti-circ help! *UPDATE*

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:04 PM
  • 30 Replies
7 moms liked this
Update: Thanks for all the resources ladies! For the umpteenth time DH and I discussed getting Coen circumcised, but today was the first time we were able to discuss it calmly, and we discussed it all day long! Finally we have come to a MUTUAL Agreement and my sweet little baby boy WILL NOT be getting circumcised (nor will any future children!) and I couldn't be more relieved. My heart is doing a happy dance!!! :-)

Can anybody link me to research cited articles that deny claims that circumcision reduces UTIs, STDs or other infections? DH almost came over to my side after watching a circumcision performance video, but than he dug up some crap research about the "benefits" of circumcision and how intact penises were hard to manage and need rigorous cleaning...bla, bla, bla.....

Please help me!
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
www.circumcisiondecisionmaker.com is the only unbiased, non-inflammatory, medical based site I've ever found on the topic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
And the aap is said to have a good informational how-to care facts. The important thing, as you probably know, is to not retract. It's self cleaning, like eyelids. We don't need to peel back our eye lids to wash our eyes for the same reason boys don't need to be retracted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:27 PM
I'm pretty sure there are things that show how those studies are severely flawed, are you in the group raising intact boys?
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Also, girls still have a higher rate if UTIs than boys, and we don't circ them.
Aslen
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Nocirc.org
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Thank you! Great site! :-)

Quoting jellyphish: www.circumcisiondecisionmaker.com is the only unbiased, non-inflammatory, medical based site I've ever found on the topic.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:55 PM
No, I guess I should go join, I didn't know there was an intact group. :-)

Quoting ceckyl: I'm pretty sure there are things that show how those studies are severely flawed, are you in the group raising intact boys?
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Yes!

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy: No, I guess I should go join, I didn't know there was an intact group. :-)

Quoting ceckyl: I'm pretty sure there are things that show how those studies are severely flawed, are you in the group raising intact boys?
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a talk that is given by a Doctor to other doctors. It's 33min long but worth it. It even cleared up some misconceptions I had and I have 3 intact sons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceht-3xu84I

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:30 PM

http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/

also the Raising Intact Boys group should have info as does intact america

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN