Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

'Reduce, Reuse, and Repurpose Challenge Day 7 - Repurposed Storage Ideas

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:01 AM
  • 34 Replies

Today's challenge is repurposing items to use as storage. 

Here are some creative ideas to use for storing items: 

Tank Top, Scarf or Hat Storage (pictured above): Use shower curtain hooks on a clothes hanger to provide storage for tank tops, scarves and hats. 

Coloring Book Storage: Use an old but clean dish drainer to store coloring books and crayons. Place the books in the plate section and store the crayons in the silverware basket. 

Small Toy Organizer: Use an over the door shoe storage holder to store small toys. This would be great for Lego's, cars, doll accessories, crayons, markers, etc. 

Ice Cube Tray Storage: Ice cube trays can be used tor sotre various small items. Use them for earrings, rings, nails, screws, etc. The use for these are endless. 

Old Drawers: Old drawers can become new by painting and hanging them on the wall for additional storage, or add caster wheels to the bottom and store items in them under your bed. 

Have you repurposed items to use as storage? Share your ideas. 

Sign up for the Reduce, Reuse and Repurpose Challenge for a chance to WIN a $25 Gift Card and other prizes: Join the 'Reduce, Reuse and Repurpose Challenge!' WIN a $25 Gift Card and Other Prizes.
If you missed yesterday's you can find it here:
'Reduce, Reuse, and Repurpose' Challenge Day 6 - Unusual Planter Ideas - BONUS DAY - WIN a CafeMom Tote Bag 

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I use a hanger for the kids belts

littlemoments99
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I just pinned the coloring book storage the other day. I am a huge fan of storage ideas. I just took my dvd collection and put all the case covers in a binder to look through and all the cd's in their own sleeves and in a box. Saves sooooooo much space. 

AspensMama1537
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:13 AM
I love those ideas! I hang purses, belts, and hats on a hanger. The showers rings would make it much nicer though! I wish I had some extras.
conweis
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I use to do the shoe hanger with the kids toys.
I am going to use old milk crates and drill them to the wall to make pod storage 

cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:31 AM
I love this! Mostly I just use glass jars for storage (buttons and such). I also use those hard plastic baby wipe tubs for crayons and chalk. But I haven't tried anything big like the ones digested!
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I like the coloring book idea. 

pinkcsmtlgy
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I use old baby food jars to hold little things around the house.

AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:42 AM

We have very few posessions right now lol.  Moving 4 times in 4 years will do that to you.  We've purged everything that isn't necessary, and so I have not had to come up with a storage solution, nor have I any of these items lying around.  But I LOVE the idea of hanging old drawers on the wall for more storage.  If I had any I would totally do that.

kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Those are great ideas!
ablackdolphin
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Old tupperware for storing pins and buttons
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)