• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cramping at 36 weeks

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:25 AM
  • 18 Replies
I'll be 37 weeks next week and I've had menstrual like cramping off and on for the past several days. I didn't have this until 39/40 weeks with dd. She was born at 41 weeks. Does the cramping mean I could go into labor soon or does it mean nothing. Fine either way, just curious if it means anything. :)
Thanks!
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micheledo
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:04 AM

It means you are near the end!  :D

I love all the little 'signs' that say it is the end, and yet they are so annoying too!  The end could be a day or another 4 weeks.  :D

levansbx
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:06 AM
It's funny because the first time around, I didn't want it to be over. I loved being pregnant and felt great until the very end. This time I'm more ready for it to be over. :)

Quoting micheledo:

It means you are near the end!  :D

I love all the little 'signs' that say it is the end, and yet they are so annoying too!  The end could be a day or another 4 weeks.  :D

mylilprincesses
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Are they happening in a time frame you can count? My last two births were cramps :/
levansbx
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM
No it's off and on. Very inconsistent. Is it Braxton hicks?

Quoting mylilprincesses: Are they happening in a time frame you can count? My last two births were cramps :/
mylilprincesses
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Could be

Quoting levansbx: No it's off and on. Very inconsistent. Is it Braxton hicks?

Quoting mylilprincesses: Are they happening in a time frame you can count? My last two births were cramps :/
melindabelcher
by on May. 5, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Sounds like BH. Its just your body getting ready for d-day.
Hopefully it'll mean labor will move quickly once it starts :)
GoldenLinds
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 4:03 PM
Baby is getting lower is all. With first babies that takesa lot longer to happen than with second babies. Its not uncommon for ffirst time moms not to have baby drop until labor but second time around its hello grapefruit in my lady bits for a month.
levansbx
by on May. 5, 2014 at 5:19 PM
that would be fantastic considering the first time around I went 41 weeks and was in labor for 3 days before delivering!

Quoting melindabelcher: Sounds like BH. Its just your body getting ready for d-day.
Hopefully it'll mean labor will move quickly once it starts :)
Mylilmonkey1120
by on May. 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM

I'm only 29 weeks and having the same thing :(

Rhyinns.Mommy
by on May. 7, 2014 at 1:25 AM
You could be close to the end. I had to get my membrane stripped to push me over the edge to have the baby cause I was getting that since April 12th and getting contractions 6 mins apart but it kept stopping. I had DS April 29th so it only lasted 2/3 weeks. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)