Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure I can do this

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:57 PM
  • 9 Replies
We are due the end of July with our third. The plan is a natural child birth. We researched n did classes the whole 9 but I've been so uncomfortable for 2 months now and it's getting worse. If I can't handle the pregnancy how am I going to handle the birth.
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tairakittie
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Im also doing a homebirth, in July, and im.starting to get nervous. Im trying to stay confident.that I can do it, but ive never done it before.
Squirmey
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:32 PM

you CAN do it.  Make a birth plan....talk yourself through it one half hour at a time and hold on.  It is hard  Not even going to lie.  It is unreal, you feel out of control and it is really painful.  But you can do it.  I have done it and I am nervous about it again, but you can do it and remember when you think you can't do it another min. that is the transition and that is the almost end!  Have faith in yourselves!!!! 

luvemboth
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Hang in there! You CAN do it! If you really want to go natural, don't let yourself think there's any other option. I went natural with my last and the difference is unreal. I have so much more respect for the human body. I'll never have another medicated birth again. I can't say enough good things about it. At that point in the pregnancy, all you're going to care about is getting that baby out and you'll find the strength. Best of luck to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
For me, the last few weeks with my third was hell, and labor was heaven comparatively. It was such a relief to know that the SPD was almost over. I welcomed labor. You have this! *hugs*
jandj4
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Thanks ladies.
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Sit back, relax, and read some Ina May.  You can do it if you have the confidence in yourself & your body.  Everybody told me I was dreaming when I told them I was going to have a natural birth on my first.  I did it!

jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I agree! Find Ina May Gaskin's Complete Guide to Childbirth and build your confidence. Do you meditate? Try meditating every night and envisioning what your birth will be like. You definitely CAN do this. So many women have done it years and years before we had pain relief. It was a natural part of life. You've got this mama!!

Quoting MamaBearEH:

Sit back, relax, and read some Ina May.  You can do it if you have the confidence in yourself & your body.  Everybody told me I was dreaming when I told them I was going to have a natural birth on my first.  I did it!

mcwebtex
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM

i have done 3 homebirths, natural, and we are due for our 4th. I have to say it can be pretty intense towards the end of labor but then its over and your done :-)

Dont worry about being uncomfortable, thats actually motivation to go into labor lol and then you can start getting back to normal. Thats my favorate part! (Besides the special blessing that comes with it of course lol)

SeattleBabyBump
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I was very uncomfortable pregnant. As my due date approached, I felt like I had a final exam coming and I was in the worst shape of my life. Tired, uncomfortable, and about to embark on the single most challenging physical event of my life. And I did it. I won't lie, birth is not easy, with or without drugs, but you can do this. I pushed that baby out all natural and I'm so happy I did. You can do this. You were made to do this! Trust that all the strength you need will be there when the time comes (and not a moment sooner).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)