Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

constipation

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 1:04 PM
  • 11 Replies
My daughter has a problem with constipation. We went to the Dr and the gave her a sapository. She pooped that day and only once. It was enough to give her relief but she hasn't pooped since. I have 3 sapositorys left but I hate doing that to her. Should I use them or do u guys have any suggestions that would bring her some relief. I tried bycyling her legs too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Is she an exclusively breastfed baby? If so, she's not constipated, she's normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ahleesha14
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 2:12 PM

no has formula and I just started her on baby food. She is 6 months.  She didn't have a bowl movement for almost a week and now its been almost 3 days

MamaBearEH
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Ease off the solid foods until she poops, and start again later with less quantity. Don't feed her things that will help her be constipated like starches or proteins. Stick to fruits and vegetables until her system is stronger. Also make sure she is getting some extra water.

I would use the suppositories extremely sparingly if at all, as they can cause damage to the bowel.
ahleesha14
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:17 AM

well all she is eating fruits and veggies and cereal

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Yup, cereal will do it. It's garbage.  

Quoting ahleesha14:

MamaBearEH
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Even if you are milling pure oatmeal or quinoa, which are high in fiber unlike typical processed cereal, that's enough to do the trick.

Quoting ceckyl:

Yup, cereal will do it. It's garbage.  

Quoting ahleesha14:

linz04060913
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Cut all foods until she poops. Then don't add cereal back in. It does constipate. My dd was constipated with grains as well

melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Yah cereal is the likely culprit here.
muisjes
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Don't give her carrots or banana either, since these foods constipate. When transitionin for milk to solids this is quite common.

My DS is very constipated all the time, i give him plenty of water, an asnlittlw starches as possible.
Juniper53098
by June on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Don't give any grains until the molars start coming in.  To digest grains, your baby has to make amylase in the pancreas.  That doesn't happen until she has molars.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)