Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

water birth

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 7:48 AM
  • 16 Replies
I want to hear everyone's birth stories that had a water birth.....I wasnt even considering it and the hospital I'm going to doesn't allow it... but my midwife discreetly let me know that security wouldn't be called if I refused to get out of the labor tub to push, and that due to my last delivery I'm the perfect candidate for one.... so now I kinda want to be a rebel and just do it if it feels right in the moment
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM
I've only labored in the tub and it was to shallow for transition so I've gotten out every time to change position and deliver. Since I'm having a homebirth with a deeper pool I *may* stay in for delivery. We'll see how I feel.
ArmyWifey2013
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:11 AM
I lapped in it last time and it made me progress massively but since I was going into transition it wasn't relaxing lol but I'll do it again in a heart beat just to see ifit helps me progress

Quoting melindabelcher: I've only labored in the tub and it was to shallow for transition so I've gotten out every time to change position and deliver. Since I'm having a homebirth with a deeper pool I *may* stay in for delivery. We'll see how I feel.
melindabelcher
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:20 AM
Dh knows when I get in the shower babys on its way. And when I get in the tub you better get ready to catch!

#2 and #3 I was in the shower for about an hr then the tub for less then 30min. Then baby born within 15min or less of getting out!
http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/14077/forums/read/16244021/Our_birth_story_PICS_ADDED.
That's my birth story with #3

Quoting ArmyWifey2013: I lapped in it last time and it made me progress massively but since I was going into transition it wasn't relaxing lol but I'll do it again in a heart beat just to see ifit helps me progress

Quoting melindabelcher: I've only labored in the tub and it was to shallow for transition so I've gotten out every time to change position and deliver. Since I'm having a homebirth with a deeper pool I *may* stay in for delivery. We'll see how I feel.
ArmyWifey2013
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:12 AM
going to read it but sounds like your like me I wasnt even dialated to a one when I got in the tub not sure how long I stayed in but I would guess not even an hour because the water stayed warm and when I got it I was a three and in fourteen minutes I was a ten and pushing...I arrived at the hospital at 5:30 and she was born at 9:19....praying this baby is a fast delivery as well

Quoting melindabelcher: Dh knows when I get in the shower babys on its way. And when I get in the tub you better get ready to catch!

#2 and #3 I was in the shower for about an hr then the tub for less then 30min. Then baby born within 15min or less of getting out!

http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/14077/forums/read/16244021/Our_birth_story_PICS_ADDED.

That's my birth story with #3
Quoting ArmyWifey2013: I lapped in it last time and it made me progress massively but since I was going into transition it wasn't relaxing lol but I'll do it again in a heart beat just to see ifit helps me progress
Alaskanmama0814
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:30 AM
My 2nd son was a water birth. It was great. The birthcenter I go to has these huge white tubs that are just amazing. The only part that I didn't like was when I got out I started shivering like crazy.
m0m0f0ne
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM
I labored for a while in the tub, but I had to take a safty class in order to consider birthing in the tub. I paid the money, took the class, and then I didn't even want to birth in the tub lol.
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I have yet to have a water birth, but I say be a rebel!! :)
cheribabii831
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:41 AM

my youngest was born in the tub. it was friggin amazing! the birth center i went to before is too far from us now and hunter doesnt like the midwife so i have to go with this midwife that delivers at the hospital, which doesnt allow water birth. they do let you labor in the tub and i was wondering what happens if you just dont get out.. so i was thinking about it ;)

addiesmommy1109
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:45 AM
I was driving to a different practice and hospital just for a water birth but i transfered to a midwife I love where water birth isn't permitted. She let me know that the hospital has 3 new rooms it's about to open this summer with jacuzzi tubs that I am more than welcome to use as long as i need it so I plan on using it definitely especially since it's in room where the hospital that allowed water birth had a separate area with a tub I didn't like that
ArmyWifey2013
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:10 AM
my midwife plain as day told me well we won't call security... like I didn't even bring it up... the hospital used to offer water birth and she had plenty of patients so it so I think it makes her mad and she's willing to break the rules lol.... she won't make me get an iv or half the stuff the nurses are supposed to make me do

Quoting cheribabii831:

my youngest was born in the tub. it was friggin amazing! the birth center i went to before is too far from us now and hunter doesnt like the midwife so i have to go with this midwife that delivers at the hospital, which doesnt allow water birth. they do let you labor in the tub and i was wondering what happens if you just dont get out.. so i was thinking about it ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN