Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Stupid flies

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 3:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

One of my least favorite things about summer are the flies. They're everywhere unless I have a fly swatter then they're no where to be found, lol.

Do you hate flies?

by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
newwifenmom
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, it's always the fruit flies here, thankfully they are suckers for ACV.
micheledo
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Last year was awful. We live out in the country, next door to a pig farm. We had thousands of flies. My husband and I were going crazy searching for every possibly nook or cranny they could be coming in. We had fly strips e everywhere. Within one hour of putting o.e up we had over 200 flies on it. Really. It was horrible. He bought a fogged and would go outside every week around the house.

Thankfully this year has not been that bad. We have fly strips up, but can stay on top of them with just a fly swatter thankfully. I don't think I will ever complain about things being bad unless we have another year like last year. It was disgusting!
micheledo
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:00 PM
And if I can get to a co.outer later I will post a picture of one of our Windows last year. The screen was covered, black with flies sitting on it.
amy_dawn
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 6:43 PM
I have goats and chickens, so I'm fighting flies this year. This is my first summer with so many animals since I was a child, so I'm learning how to kill, trap, repel, and prevent them as I go.
Juniper53098
by June on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:54 PM

I don't enjoy them, but we don't get them that bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN