It is supposed to help draw out infection when used as a poultice, although I've never used it that way. I do keep it on hand for gas and poisoning. It came in handy 2 years ago when the stupid dog got into the fudge that I made for my daughter's teachers for Christmas. After I got her to throw it up (she ate a half of pound of fudge) with peroxide, the info I got on the 'net was to give her activated charcoal to help absorb any remaining theobromine (the stuff in chocolate that is toxic to dogs) in the blood stream. She's still with us.
Connect with CafeMom:
Switch to Mobile Site
Getting Started Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Part of the CafeMom family of sites
© 2014 CMI Marketing, Inc. All rights reserved.