Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doula stories

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:36 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am so excited to have hired my doula.

Anyone want to share great doula birth stories???
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mrschelley1219
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Bump!
princess_peach
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a doula at the birth of my second baby. It was a very fast labor. My water broke at home and contractions started right away. Two hours.later.i got to the hospital and my doula came in a few minutes later. I was already feeling the urge to push and was kind of in shock and out of control. My doula knew I wanted to use my HypnoBirthing techniques and to have a more calm birth. She also knew I wanted to try different positions. She was so great at helping me calm down and suggested positions for me to try. She applied counter pressure and encouraged me. She held the fetal heart monitor on my belly since I wouldn't let them put the straps on me. She reminded the midwife that I wanted to delay cord clamping. She was with me for less than 20 minutes before baby came, but she was incredible. I was worried my husband would feel like it was a waste of money since it was such a short time, buy he didn't feel that way at all. He agrees that she was worth every penny.

Good luck with your birth!
mrschelley1219
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:44 PM
👏 awesome story. Thanks for sharing. I think DH is offened that I hired the doula but I think any extra support will be great.

Quoting princess_peach: I had a doula at the birth of my second baby. It was a very fast labor. My water broke at home and contractions started right away. Two hours.later.i got to the hospital and my doula came in a few minutes later. I was already feeling the urge to push and was kind of in shock and out of control. My doula knew I wanted to use my HypnoBirthing techniques and to have a more calm birth. She also knew I wanted to try different positions. She was so great at helping me calm down and suggested positions for me to try. She applied counter pressure and encouraged me. She held the fetal heart monitor on my belly since I wouldn't let them put the straps on me. She reminded the midwife that I wanted to delay cord clamping. She was with me for less than 20 minutes before baby came, but she was incredible. I was worried my husband would feel like it was a waste of money since it was such a short time, buy he didn't feel that way at all. He agrees that she was worth every penny.

princess_peach
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:33 PM
My husband was that way at first, but then he realized having a doula helps him too. A good doyla doesnt push dad out, but helps him know what he can do. I just had my third baby and as soon as we found out I was pregnant he was asking about doulas. (it was an unexpected home birth so the doula didn't have time to get to us before baby came this time)

Did you have a consultation where your husband could meet her too?

Quoting mrschelley1219: 👏 awesome story. Thanks for sharing. I think DH is offened that I hired the doula but I think any extra support will be great.

Quoting princess_peach: I had a doula at the birth of my second baby. It was a very fast labor. My water broke at home and contractions started right away. Two hours.later.i got to the hospital and my doula came in a few minutes later. I was already feeling the urge to push and was kind of in shock and out of control. My doula knew I wanted to use my HypnoBirthing techniques and to have a more calm birth. She also knew I wanted to try different positions. She was so great at helping me calm down and suggested positions for me to try. She applied counter pressure and encouraged me. She held the fetal heart monitor on my belly since I wouldn't let them put the straps on me. She reminded the midwife that I wanted to delay cord clamping. She was with me for less than 20 minutes before baby came, but she was incredible. I was worried my husband would feel like it was a waste of money since it was such a short time, buy he didn't feel that way at all. He agrees that she was worth every penny.

mrschelley1219
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Yes. We actually took Lamaze with out ds1 with her so he is familiar with her.

Quoting princess_peach: My husband was that way at first, but then he realized having a doula helps him too. A good doyla doesnt push dad out, but helps him know what he can do. I just had my third baby and as soon as we found out I was pregnant he was asking about doulas. (it was an unexpected home birth so the doula didn't have time to get to us before baby came this time)

Did you have a consultation where your husband could meet her too?

Quoting mrschelley1219: 👏 awesome story. Thanks for sharing. I think DH is offened that I hired the doula but I think any extra support will be great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)