Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raspberry tea

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:38 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm now in my 3rd trimester. How much red raspberry leaf tea can I drink throughout the day??
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tairakittie
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
My midwife told me a nice, strong cup a day, but Ive read online about people drinking up to 4 cups a day. I personally started at 1, then went upto 2.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I take one cup a day in first and second trimesters and pp, and three cups a day in third tri. Since you haven't been taking it the whole time it won't help as much as it could with labor and delivery, but definitely take at least three cups a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrschelley1219
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Thank you ladies. I drank it a lot with my ds1. But after 2 miscarriages I was very nervous to do much with this one until I was in my third trimester. I will hit the 3 cups a day now. I'm excited to drink hot tea again. I gave up all hot teas just to be cautious.
melindabelcher
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey guru! Are there any other things that do similar actions?

I *can* buy the RRLT if i really need to. But i'm also trying to buy neccessities like a car seat lol. Being my fourth delivery in seven years and that i haven't drank any yet and i'm 25weeks would i need it? I don't want to waste money. I haven't had excess bleeding from my last three but i was also hooked to PIT for the first and last so idk (?)

And i'm assuming you reccomend getting it from moutain rose herbs?

Quoting jellyphish: I take one cup a day in first and second trimesters and pp, and three cups a day in third tri. Since you haven't been taking it the whole time it won't help as much as it could with labor and delivery, but definitely take at least three cups a day.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:17 PM
So sorry to hear about your losses.
In case of future pregnancies, look up on its benefits in first tri. It's actually used to prevent miscarriage due to weak uterus/cervix.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and birth!

Quoting mrschelley1219: Thank you ladies. I drank it a lot with my ds1. But after 2 miscarriages I was very nervous to do much with this one until I was in my third trimester. I will hit the 3 cups a day now. I'm excited to drink hot tea again. I gave up all hot teas just to be cautious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:24 PM
It's really up to you. IMO, rrl tops the list for pregnant mama needs. The sooner you start to use it the better. If you already have "easy" l&d and quick pp healing, then maybe consider foregoing it. There are just soooo many benefits to it, and nothing I know of that compares.

For online shopping, I trust mrh, but have never bought herbs online. If you have a good herbal shop, check there. WF carries it in bulk as well, but I'd trust an herbal shop first. And if you absolutely have to go with bagged tea (which is probably more expensive anyway), I suggest Traditional Medicinals.

Quoting melindabelcher:

I *can* buy the RRLT if i really need to. But i'm also trying to buy neccessities like a car seat lol. Being my fourth delivery in seven years and that i haven't drank any yet and i'm 25weeks would i need it? I don't want to waste money. I haven't had excess bleeding from my last three but i was also hooked to PIT for the first and last so idk (?)

Quoting jellyphish: I take one cup a day in first and second trimesters and pp, and three cups a day in third tri. Since you haven't been taking it the whole time it won't help as much as it could with labor and delivery, but definitely take at least three cups a day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Thank you :) I appreciate it!
There are always recs for this or that but its hard to know what really is important or just a good idea :)

Quoting jellyphish: It's really up to you. IMO, rrl tops the list for pregnant mama needs. The sooner you start to use it the better. If you already have "easy" l&d and quick pp healing, then maybe consider foregoing it. There are just soooo many benefits to it, and nothing I know of that compares. For online shopping, I trust mrh, but have never bought herbs online. If you have a good herbal shop, check there. WF carries it in bulk as well, but I'd trust an herbal shop first. And if you absolutely have to go with bagged tea (which is probably more expensive anyway), I suggest Traditional Medicinals.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)