• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

natural baby wash/shampoo

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:30 PM
  • 8 Replies

so i was searching for diy natural baby wash and i landed on a page in which i saw mostly everyone saying they dont wash their kids with soap, only water. does anyone here do that? my kids are almost 10 mo, 2 yrs, 6 yrs. the older two definitely need soap when they take a bath/shower. two of them said that california baby products are best. im looking at babyganics brand. what do you think of those two or any other chemical free washes/shampoos? what are your chemical free recipes for their ages? maybe even for me too. i definitely want to save money also. oh and someone said a bit of honey and brown sugar on their kids hair.. thoughts? do i really need essential oils? where can i get shea butter other than online?

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Edited by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:55 PM

I very rarely use natural soap on my kids. Water works fine. They're 4 and 1.5. 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Just water. As per their ped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjk_maybe_mom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:08 AM
From what I understand, California Baby recently changed some of their products. Can't tell you exactly where the concern fell.

I've discovered Original Sprout by ordering (and liking) their sunscreen. They sent a sample of their baby wash/shampoo and I like it. It takes care of my son's cradle cap issues and rinses super easy...smells good too. I haven't checked prices yet.
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Babyganics products aren't as natural as advertised. If you're looking for a natural soap try Dr. Bonner's pure castile soap.
irondruidmomma
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:23 PM
I use a goats milk soap that I buy locally. If the older kids need a bit of smell good...water with essential oils might work.
brittney822
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 3:09 PM
I really like the baby wash/shampoo from Shea Moisture. I get it from target or walgreens... Only downside is it's a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way
graycalico
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:09 AM
I use Shea moisture. It lasts a long time. I might switch them to a shampoo bar when I run out.
AudlyLuvly
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Why do they "need" soap?

I usually just use water, sometimes add some coconut oil to the bath water to help moisturize.. All the dirt comes off.

I like the suggestion of adding essential oils if it's a smell issue.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)