Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I'm not as good at this as I would like to be....

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:46 AM
  • 17 Replies

there, I said it. I am not as good at this as I would like to be.
Do I mean parenting or gentle parenting? Well, both.
I feel like I am just getting it all wrong at the moment, and then not coping with getting it wrong.
Do any of you ever lose it? I mean, everyone's posts here sound so perfect. 
I just want to hear from someone who DOES make mistakes, loses it, does the occasional rant, whatever. 
I'd like to read some mistakes please, just so I don't feel so alone right now.

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I make mistakes by the moment, as do my children. No one is.perfect. we all do things we wish we did differently. We all are guilty of reacting, or handling situations poorly at times. As I grow in my parenting I am learning to say "I am sorry" and "Will you forgive me". I am learning to give myself grace and extend grace to my children, and in return I hope that they are also learning grace. Parenting is hard work.
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Once you lose the pressure on yourself to be the "perfect" mommy and be a "good enough" mommy ( do what is right for you and your family) it should be much easier for you. Good luck!

Quoting Precious333: I make mistakes by the moment, as do my children. No one is.perfect. we all do things we wish we did differently. We all are guilty of reacting, or handling situations poorly at times. As I grow in my parenting I am learning to say "I am sorry" and "Will you forgive me". I am learning to give myself grace and extend grace to my children, and in return I hope that they are also learning grace. Parenting is hard work.
StaciF
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh man I don't have enough time to post all my faults right now!! I have 4 kids, pregnant with twins and homeschooling the oldest 2. I'm afraid these babies will come our only knowing what it sounds like when I yell!! We are just in a rough spot right now - lots of changes and crazy. We will get through it by Gods grace!! But you are not alone! I am far from even pretending to be perfect or having it together!
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:18 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I just threw away 2 fresh out of the oven cookies. My mom, whom I live with, pissed me off something awful so I took it out on the cookies. The worst part if it is that I made them with my kids.
I'm not perfect. Everyday is a trial of my patience. Somedays I handle the trials very well, and other days such as today, not so well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tairakittie
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:22 PM
I yell way more often than I would like. My oldest two are 4 and 6 yo and im 39 weeks pregnant with my third... I try to stay calm and handle things gentley, but end up raising my voice and have spanked DS 3 times this year (I totally regret it and apologized to him and said I never should have hit him) and put both DS and DD in timeout of sorts for being mean to eachother. :/ I am trying though. When we apologize, it teaches our children that everyone makes mistakes, everyone has bad days and thats okay, we teach our kids empathy when we apologize and love when we sit with them, hug and kiss them and explain why we reacted the way we did.
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Pressure to be perfect=stress/anxiety=mean mommy for me at least.

Quoting 907PickleMom: I agree. Once you lose the pressure on yourself to be the "perfect" mommy and be a "good enough" mommy ( do what is right for you and your family) it should be much easier for you. Good luck!

Quoting Precious333: I make mistakes by the moment, as do my children. No one is.perfect. we all do things we wish we did differently. We all are guilty of reacting, or handling situations poorly at times. As I grow in my parenting I am learning to say "I am sorry" and "Will you forgive me". I am learning to give myself grace and extend grace to my children, and in return I hope that they are also learning grace. Parenting is hard work.
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Hugs mama! I have too many of those days.

Quoting hapababies: If it makes you feel any better, I just threw away 2 fresh out of the oven cookies. My mom, whom I live with, pissed me off something awful so I took it out on the cookies. The worst part if it is that I made them with my kids.
I'm not perfect. Everyday is a trial of my patience. Somedays I handle the trials very well, and other days such as today, not so well.
LaniMammi
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:30 PM
3 moms liked this

I had this conversation with my mom the other day.

Her words: Somedays you are wonder mom, the house is spotless, scratch made dinner is on the table at 6, with every one clean and quiet- some days you let them eat cereal for dinner in their underwear, while you scrub egg off the ceiling.  You can't take parenting too serious.

Find joy everyday whether its a wonder mom day or you're scrubbing egg off the ceiling.  :)

ps: I don't remember why there was egg on the ceiling, but it probably made sense in my 5 year old brain. 

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs mama! I yell way too often too.

Quoting StaciF: Oh man I don't have enough time to post all my faults right now!! I have 4 kids, pregnant with twins and homeschooling the oldest 2. I'm afraid these babies will come our only knowing what it sounds like when I yell!! We are just in a rough spot right now - lots of changes and crazy. We will get through it by Gods grace!! But you are not alone! I am far from even pretending to be perfect or having it together!
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Thanks. I'm totally regretting throwing those cookies away. I'm the one that is always on everyone's butt not to waste, and here I did it. :/

Quoting Precious333: Hugs mama! I have too many of those days.

Quoting hapababies: If it makes you feel any better, I just threw away 2 fresh out of the oven cookies. My mom, whom I live with, pissed me off something awful so I took it out on the cookies. The worst part if it is that I made them with my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)