Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Bottle feeding the BF baby

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

I go to school one day a week and DH wants me to give him solids. He hates to hear him cry especially if he knows he is hungry. I agree. I wouldn't like it either. Avacado was given to him. DH made apple juice. I wasn't happy abut that but I was gone. He was doing what he thought was right.

What can I do here. I go to school on Mondays from 5 to 9 30 be back at about 9 35.

Ideas?

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM

How old is baby?

ArmyWifey2013
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:29 PM
I would bump... as long as baby had as good latch I've bottle a week shouldn't hurt
mcwebtex
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I nursed my babies, but my first needed more than i had so i would suppliment a bottle, she never had a problem latching on. I will say, once they start getting alittle fuller without nursing they may tend to weene alittle earlier than you want. so i would limit the amount to what he would get from you.

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:50 AM

6 months

Quoting ceckyl:

How old is baby?

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:51 AM

He just needs it one day a week for 10 weeks

Quoting mcwebtex:

I nursed my babies, but my first needed more than i had so i would suppliment a bottle, she never had a problem latching on. I will say, once they start getting alittle fuller without nursing they may tend to weene alittle earlier than you want. so i would limit the amount to what he would get from you.

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
He needs a 3 oz bottle while you're gone, nurse before you leave, bottle 2.5 hrs later and nurse as soon as you get home.
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:48 PM
He's too young for juice, and solids and juice shouldn't be replacing bm at this point.
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, he didnt. He was in a bad mood so it wasnt a good time to address it.

Quoting ceckyl: He's too young for juice, and solids and juice shouldn't be replacing bm at this point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)