Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

sleeping

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:29 AM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter used to sleep from 8pm to 6am or longer. Yes i was blessed. She is 7 months old now and she will go to bed at 8 wake up throughout the night and wake up around 5am. Well at one point she was taking a nap at 5 and staying up until 9 but getting up around the same time a little later. Well I went to the dr awhile and found out I am anemic. Its hard because I barely get any sleep and I am so tired. Should I let her take that late afternoon nap and then put her to bed later? Should I go to bed earlier? I still give her a bath at the same time and feed her. Then all the lights would be off and the tv would be on low and she would play for a bit. She is so hungry at 8 I can't hold her off. I think the reason she wakes up is because she is hungry. I try to feed her more but she falls asleep. If she stays up until 9 she eats more. She still doesn't sleep all night and she wakes up on and off and gets up early. Any advice? I like my time alone too when she is in bed. If she goes to bed at 9 I do too and I don't get any time to myself.

by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 13, 2014 at 2:00 AM
Hmm I'm not sure really what to suggest =( My two younger kids have never been on a schedule because they don't sleep at all. I'm not much help. Maybe keep her up later without that nap? Or would that be really bad? It might be an awful idea lol. I used to try everything with no luck
MamaBearEH
Your EDD is not a psychic prediction of exact timing, or an expiry. Be patient - every extra day your baby remains in the womb is a blessing for his or her health!
Yesterday at 4:42 PM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Growth spurt possibly. I believe in letting a child sleep when they need it, because otherwise everyone gets stressed about it not happening when it's convenient for them parent. I nap/sleep when my babies do.
ahleesha14
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I try to nap and sleep when she does but I got so many other things I need to get done before she gets up. I know she needs to sleep and I try and let her but then she stays up later and then I don't get any time to myself. I go to bed at 9. I could stay up later with her I guess.

MamaBearEH
Your EDD is not a psychic prediction of exact timing, or an expiry. Be patient - every extra day your baby remains in the womb is a blessing for his or her health!
Yesterday at 4:42 PM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this
You do what you can, and the rest waits. Putting children before yourself is just part of being a parent in my view. You don't always get to do what you want when you want anymore... Sleep included. If it's your first child it might take you time to prioritize things again and figure out what works best. Finding yourself a sitter if you don't have a SO involved could help you out too.
mcwebtex
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:13 AM

i always found naps help them stay up a little later and that means they sleep in a little later.

Mine go to bed around 9:30-10pm and get up usually about 10-10:30 am but they nap at about 1:30-4:30pm

Its been like that since they were little, actually they used to take 2 naps now its down to 1 but it works for us... I get to sleep from say 12am - 8 or 9am and then i have a 2 hour break in the evening and a 1 hour break in the am along with the 3 hour break in the afternoon. I would be really tired if it wasnt this way. We are on our 3rd and it works perfect for tiredness (anemia or pregnancy)

Train them early and you will keep that schedule for several years to come. Also if you have multiple kids learn quick to train them to all take naps at the same time, once the newborn stage is over.
If one isnt tired i let them lay in there bed and read a book (sometimes) and it helps the at least rest, and most times put s them to sleep...

ahleesha14
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Well my daughter is only 8 she can't look at a book on her own.  She doesn't take an hour to 2 hour naps. She takes half an hour naps if I am lucky. She was up until 8 30 last night and woke up through the night but I had an hour of interrupted sleep. She slept until 1 and then was up on and off. I just don't know how to train her to take longer naps.

ahleesha14
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I agree my child comes first and I know that I can't do what I need to do. I still have things that need to be done but she is pretty good about letting me get some things done. I just don't know what I am doing or how to do things being a first time parent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN