Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

my accidental unassisted homebirth...

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:07 PM
  • 20 Replies
5 moms liked this
So I had planned to have a home water birth, I had a midwife and doula. On Tuesday July 8th I started having contraction at 6am about 30secs long but 10 mins apart that spaced out around 7, they continued to be spaced out all day, but kept coming. Around 5pm they started getting more consistant, at 6:30 I started timing them, they were 1 min long and anywhere from 4-8 mins apart. I texted my midwife and doula and let them know but said they didnt need to come yet, even my midwife was sure it was just early labor. A friend came over around 8 and tried to help me put my kids to bed but they were excited because they knew baby would be born soon. My friend stayed until 11 but had to get home to nurse her son who would be waking up soon to eat. Right after she left the contractions startes getting more painful and lasting longer, so I text my midwife again who said to call her if I thought I needed her, but I thought Id be laboring for a while so I told her to wait. She called about 20 mins later, at that point I was stuck on the toilet, barely able to talk through contractions. She said she'd be on her way soon, she lives about 20 mins away. I texted my doula and told her to head over, she also lives about 20 mins away. SO was at work, so I told him he needed to come home soon. Around 11:30 I got into the shower to see if the hot water would help me through the contractions, which were pretty strong and close, I was moaning through them at this point. I tried to check my cervix and it was still high, a couple contractions later it was much lower, so I texted my midwife that baby was on the way, she was too. Not even 5 mins later I felt pushy got on my hands and knees ,and a contraction or two later I felt babys head crowning!! I had locked my doors after my friend left and my doula was out front but I couldnt let her in, one push later and his head was out, another push and I was holding my son. SO got home a min or two after and him and my doula walked in to me holding the baby, he was crying thankfully. My midwife showed up about 5 mins later. She checked me and baby, I had a 1st degree tear, she sewed me up, then weighed and measured the baby, he weighed 7lbs 12oz, 20 1/2 inches long. Scored all 10s on the APGAR, perfectly healthy!! It was a scary, intense, amazing, empowering experience!!
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations!
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

congrats!

MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow congratulations!  I absolutely love hearing stories like this, so thank you for sharing with us.

AudlyLuvly
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
You rock, momma :)
StaciF
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:52 PM
2 moms liked this

this is so fantastic!! i am secretly hoping this happens to me - with twins - i'm crazy but i desperately don't want a hospital birth!!  i'm so glad everything went so well for you!! congrats (and I'll remember to leave the doors unlocked :)

melindabelcher
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! What an incredible birth! 

MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
This version of the story was much more fun to read than what I read in our ddg. Lol.

You're such a strong momma and I'm so glad he is doing so well. Way to go!
tairakittie
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
He nurses and sleeps so well, other than a bout of fussiness between 9-11 this morning, but I think it was because of the diaper cover I had on him being uncomfortable. I changed him and he has been fine ever since. :)

Quoting MissSarah04: This version of the story was much more fun to read than what I read in our ddg. Lol.

You're such a strong momma and I'm so glad he is doing so well. Way to go!
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Congratulations!! What is his name:)
sjk_maybe_mom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Ooh! Congrats! So surprised mW didn't come when they were every 4-8 at a minute each. But hey, now your story's even better!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN