Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

my accidental unassisted homebirth...

Posted by   + Show Post
So I had planned to have a home water birth, I had a midwife and doula. On Tuesday July 8th I started having contraction at 6am about 30secs long but 10 mins apart that spaced out around 7, they continued to be spaced out all day, but kept coming. Around 5pm they started getting more consistant, at 6:30 I started timing them, they were 1 min long and anywhere from 4-8 mins apart. I texted my midwife and doula and let them know but said they didnt need to come yet, even my midwife was sure it was just early labor. A friend came over around 8 and tried to help me put my kids to bed but they were excited because they knew baby would be born soon. My friend stayed until 11 but had to get home to nurse her son who would be waking up soon to eat. Right after she left the contractions startes getting more painful and lasting longer, so I text my midwife again who said to call her if I thought I needed her, but I thought Id be laboring for a while so I told her to wait. She called about 20 mins later, at that point I was stuck on the toilet, barely able to talk through contractions. She said she'd be on her way soon, she lives about 20 mins away. I texted my doula and told her to head over, she also lives about 20 mins away. SO was at work, so I told him he needed to come home soon. Around 11:30 I got into the shower to see if the hot water would help me through the contractions, which were pretty strong and close, I was moaning through them at this point. I tried to check my cervix and it was still high, a couple contractions later it was much lower, so I texted my midwife that baby was on the way, she was too. Not even 5 mins later I felt pushy got on my hands and knees ,and a contraction or two later I felt babys head crowning!! I had locked my doors after my friend left and my doula was out front but I couldnt let her in, one push later and his head was out, another push and I was holding my son. SO got home a min or two after and him and my doula walked in to me holding the baby, he was crying thankfully. My midwife showed up about 5 mins later. She checked me and baby, I had a 1st degree tear, she sewed me up, then weighed and measured the baby, he weighed 7lbs 12oz, 20 1/2 inches long. Scored all 10s on the APGAR, perfectly healthy!! It was a scary, intense, amazing, empowering experience!!
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!
tairakittie
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Roran Phoenix :)

Quoting bloomsr: Congratulations!! What is his name:)
princess_peach
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Love this story! I had an accidental unassisted home birth almost 2 month the ago so it makes me love stories like this even more than I used to! Congrats mama!
Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Beautiful story and beautiful little boy!

SrkStrickland
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations!! What an awesome story! Thank you for sharing!! :)
micheledo
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay!!! Congratulations.

My accidental unassisted homebirth baby turns one today!!!!! The midwife walked in our room just as I was catching her. Best experience ever.
jjchick75
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
My accidental unassisted homebirth baby is running around my living room right now lol. My midwife was 2 hours away at another delivery. We knew I wouldn't make it until she got back, she said we could go to the hospital and be delivered by the on call OB or stay put and do it ourselves. I was terrified if we got in the car, he'd be born in the car so we stayed and I'm glad we did :). Congrats! He's adorable!
tairakittie
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Thank you all .. and so many accidental unassisted homebirths, so awesome!! :D
mommyflaw
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 8:19 PM

That's amazing! Congrats.

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Congrats! My midwife came 20 min before my kiddo was out so I cut it close.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN