Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
DD is 4 months and starting to get hwr first diaper rash. I tried my usual viniger soak which has worked in less than 24 hours with my other kids. That does not seem to be the case here. We do not cloth diaper, and she isnt using a new brand. What else can I try?
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Replies (11-18):
levansbx
by Lee Ann on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting StaciF: Organic Coconut oil and boob juice if you are nursing :)
Sisteract
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Yeast is red, pinpoint, like creases. Could you snap a pic?

caligirl7613
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Thanks. I have been using the coconut oik since friday and while it hasn't gotten worse, it has not improved either

Quoting rmgriffberg:

here is my go to for diaper rashes. first i try coconut oil, if that doesnt work i add a little tea tree oil to coconut oil and put that on, if that doesnt work i use Tiny Heinys diaper ointment made by Sugar Bear (sold online), if that doesnt work i combine everything and i have only had to do that 1 time with 3 kids :)

GoldenLinds
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM
My son got a yeast rash. It took me a week to clear it but I got it. It takes dedication. Every diaper change requires at least 10min air before diaper. And if they poo then its right to the tub because when the skin is already irritated it can be super super sensitive. My aon had the runs at the time ao it was definitely necessary. Hed scream bwfore he was even done like he sat on hot coals. Anyhow. Mild bath. Just a littlw one to rinse the bum. Then blow dry. Yes blow dry. I used our hairdryer on the lowest and coolest setting dor a few min. Ds loved this so I had jo trouble. Then put once its really really dry id put on some breastmilk and dry it a little more before the diaper went on. I did this every day religiously for a week and it finally cleared up. Its rough but it works. I cut out all creams and oils etc.
Sisteract
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM

If it is yeast, she will need a special anti-fungal cream.

Quoting caligirl7613: Thanks. I have been using the coconut oik since friday and while it hasn't gotten worse, it has not improved either
Quoting rmgriffberg:

here is my go to for diaper rashes. first i try coconut oil, if that doesnt work i add a little tea tree oil to coconut oil and put that on, if that doesnt work i use Tiny Heinys diaper ointment made by Sugar Bear (sold online), if that doesnt work i combine everything and i have only had to do that 1 time with 3 kids :)

PinkButterfly66
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:07 AM

My go to remedy was desitin.  It has A&D that helps healing and zinc oxide that protects the rash from soiled diapers.  In fact I used it with every diaper change regardless.  My daughter had a total of 2 diaper rashes the entire 3 years she was in diapers.

anewlynn
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:44 AM

I switched between aquaphor and desitin when my duaghter had her diaper rash.  It worked great for me.  I would let her air dry as much as possible while she had the rash.  

anewlynn
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I forgot about the yeast issues my daughter had.  We used Lotrimin.  It is for feet fungus but also works on yeast in little ones.

Quoting Sisteract:

If it is yeast, she will need a special anti-fungal cream.

Quoting caligirl7613: Thanks. I have been using the coconut oik since friday and while it hasn't gotten worse, it has not improved either
Quoting rmgriffberg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN