Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Unmedicated birth is a fairy tale??!!

Posted by   + Show Post
I am planning an unmedicated birth in a few months and I keep getting told there's no way and how crazy it is. One person even said it is just a fairy tale that isn't real life, that when it comes to giving birth you just scream, it's crazy and too painful to handle without an epideral.
This is my first baby and need encouragement!!
Tell me your natural birth stories please!! What helped you through labor?
UPDATE~~
Thanks ladies!! It helps so much to hear these stories! I am determined to do this or at least do what I can. Ultimate goal of course is to have a healthy baby and momma so if any intervention is completely necessary I am not going to be devastated, but as long as I keep progressing well I am confident I can do this med free!!
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Replies (61-63):
MommaGreenhalge
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:12 AM
My third was unmedicated after a section and an induction with an epi. Yes it was painful. And yes I was loud when I pushed. But I would do it all over again if it meant avoiding the drugs and recovery time. I was in control of my own body, and that is worth a little back labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HippieMomma08
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you for keeping your resolve!

Natural birth is absolutely NOT a fairy tale! I did it, it was amazing and I'll never do it any other way! And you know what if you scream... So what? No one is going to look sideways at you.

Just remember the pain serves a purpose. The pain tells our bodies to keep up, to contract harder, to dilate faster. The pain tells baby it's time to get out, tells you that it's time to push. It all works the way it's supposed to.

Plus once you see that baby, the pain is gone. It's temporary and so so worth it!

petitekatie
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Both of those made me tear up. I think its so amazing and touching. Their husbands were right there with them the whole time. So beautiful.

Quoting somuchlove4U:

These are two of my favorite birthing videos to watch. With my last home birth there was pain and I did scream. With that said though, I'm getting ready to do it again in September. I believe what happened last time is I was trying to "run" from the pain instead of embracing it. If you aren't to far along look into taking a Bradley Method class. We are doing that this time around and it is helping me to prepare for the upcoming birth. I honestly believe in relaxing as much as you can when the time comes. That's what the Bradley method teaches. 

This is the link to the movie I told you about. http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70075502?trkid=13462100

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)