Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

my yds is almost 17months old, and i am 12 weeks pregnant. i have had hyperemesis since 6 weeks and had to be admitted to the hospital for 4 days. i can eat a little bit now but not a lot. my youngest ds was nursing every 3-4 hrs and all night before the hyperemesis kicked in. since then he wants to nurse ALL the time but never seems satisfied. he doesntreally eat a lot of solids but has slowly started eating more. all night he wasnt to nurse but is switching sides every 5 mins and acts like he isnt getting anything. I think i am drying up, and he isnt ready to stop. i feel like i am failing my son. does anyone have advice?every time he cries while nursing feels like a stab through my heart.

by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:06 AM
Replies (11-13):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:19 PM

(((hugs))) I know how you feel. I worried about the same thing with my son when I was pregnant. He nursed all through pregnancy but wasn't getting much. He had just turned 20 months when my daughter was born

rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Its the same as pumping

Quoting MamaBearEH: Have you tried hand expressing? Some mothers who don't respond well to pumping have better luck this way.
melindabelcher
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 5:59 PM

My dtr has cut back from nursing all the time to only a couple times a week from my milk drying due to pregnancy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN