Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my yds is almost 17months old, and i am 12 weeks pregnant. i have had hyperemesis since 6 weeks and had to be admitted to the hospital for 4 days. i can eat a little bit now but not a lot. my youngest ds was nursing every 3-4 hrs and all night before the hyperemesis kicked in. since then he wants to nurse ALL the time but never seems satisfied. he doesntreally eat a lot of solids but has slowly started eating more. all night he wasnt to nurse but is switching sides every 5 mins and acts like he isnt getting anything. I think i am drying up, and he isnt ready to stop. i feel like i am failing my son. does anyone have advice?every time he cries while nursing feels like a stab through my heart.

by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:06 AM
Replies (11-13):
jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:19 PM

(((hugs))) I know how you feel. I worried about the same thing with my son when I was pregnant. He nursed all through pregnancy but wasn't getting much. He had just turned 20 months when my daughter was born

rmgriffberg
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Its the same as pumping

Quoting MamaBearEH: Have you tried hand expressing? Some mothers who don't respond well to pumping have better luck this way.
melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 5:59 PM

My dtr has cut back from nursing all the time to only a couple times a week from my milk drying due to pregnancy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN