Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Cloth Diapers

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM
  • 15 Replies
This time around no doubt I want to cloth diaper, but I really don't know where to start. Do you ladies have a good online resource? And can I still cloth diaper on a budget?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyflaw
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Bumping in hopes it gets answered. I've been considering it as well.

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Head over the the Cuties Group, we have resourses there. 

Starlit_Eyes
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I believe some walmarts still sell them actually. I used them on my DD for a lil while when money got tight and my DS since he had aweful eczema. 

Clishmaclaver
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM
If you have facebook, look for co-op groups. They're the best! They do tend to have slow shipping though. We use cloth and primarily use sunbaby and Alva. They are on the cheaper side. I would definitely look up the cuties group a pp suggested. There is a lot to research and learn. We love our cloth!
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Cloth diapering is cheaper than disposables.  You can do it on a budget.  It's just a bit deceiving, because you're looking at the cost for one diaper being what you pay for a package... while forgetting that package only has so many uses & the cloth one really doesn't have a limit like that.

Most of the diaper manufacturer websites have informational pages, unless you're looking at a mother's craft type company, and they're pretty informative.  The one at Blueberry has a page about costs.  Look here.

fitmomtanya
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:01 AM
Thank you!

Quoting MamaBearEH:

Cloth diapering is cheaper than disposables.  You can do it on a budget.  It's just a bit deceiving, because you're looking at the cost for one diaper being what you pay for a package... while forgetting that package only has so many uses & the cloth one really doesn't have a limit like that.

Most of the diaper manufacturer websites have informational pages, unless you're looking at a mother's craft type company, and they're pretty informative.  The one at Blueberry has a page about costs.  Look here.

melindabelcher
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:13 AM
Lots of great options.
I recommend getting a few of many kinds. Some companies have sample bundles that gives you a little of everything.
Cuties with cloth booties is a great resource also check out YouTube videos
SecondChance709
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:22 PM

I just bought 12 newborn all in one cloth diapers for $96 off ebay. Brand new and adorable, the sellers name is littlefluffybottom. I'm still pregnant so I haven't tried them but they feel like they'd work great. 

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
www.cottonbabaies.com
Google Kawaii baby
Also the Cuties With Cloth Booties group has a great FAQ sticky. Good luck!
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:30 AM
I have some Kawaaii and you get what you pay for there...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN