Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

induction...

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:44 AM
  • 12 Replies
Well I'm 32w4d and as I've said in here before I want to have a natural hypnobirth water birth. But because of all my issues they want to induce by 38-39 weeks.if I don't go on my own. So my question is what are some things I can do to try and help my body prepare naturally before a medical intervention? I won't try any (unless otherwise advised) before 36 weeks.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Most natural methods that I'm aware of help prepare the body - not induce - so if your body isn't ready to do it on it's own then these aren't going to make you suddenly go into labour in order to meet your doctor's deadline.

You can do red raspberry leaf tea and evening primrose oil to tone the uterus & soften the cervix.  Acupuncture can also help your body prepare, but an experienced practitioner won't typically attempt this prior to being full term as a precaution.  At least that's what mine told me... and he works with fertility & pregnancies as a practice specialty.  You can also bounce on a yoga ball, minimum 30 minutes a day, to help baby into a favourable birthing position.

What kinds of complications are you having that they are saying justifies a medical induction before you are overdue (which is actually AFTER 42 weeks)?

melindabelcher
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:59 PM
2 moms liked this

What complications are you having? 

There really isn't anything you can do to help an induction go better and there are no "natural" inductions. 

mamashealovekin
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:24 PM
As of right now I have marginal previa, SUA, insulin dependent gestational diabetes, and low amniotic fluid. It's at 6cm. Which is a lot better than last week when it was at 4. She is also already in great position at this point

Quoting MamaBearEH:

Most natural methods that I'm aware of help prepare the body - not induce - so if your body isn't ready to do it on it's own then these aren't going to make you suddenly go into labour in order to meet your doctor's deadline.

You can do red raspberry leaf tea and evening primrose oil to tone the uterus & soften the cervix.  Acupuncture can also help your body prepare, but an experienced practitioner won't typically attempt this prior to being full term as a precaution.  At least that's what mine told me... and he works with fertility & pregnancies as a practice specialty.  You can also bounce on a yoga ball, minimum 30 minutes a day, to help baby into a favourable birthing position.

What kinds of complications are you having that they are saying justifies a medical induction before you are overdue (which is actually AFTER 42 weeks)?

mcwebtex
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:05 AM

walking alot can help if you can do it. Moving hips side to side, help your body go into labor a little quicker, and can make for an easier delivery...

MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I'm afraid I don't know a terrible amount about some of what you're dealing with, and there seem to be quite mixed information out there (especially regarding low amniotic fluid & induction).  It kind of sounds like your care providers are trying to take the route they feel is more cautious under the circumstances for safety reasons.  The best you can do for yourself to counter pushing where you don't want it is to be educated about the circumstances, risks, and options available.  If you aren't educated you basically put yourself in a position to bow to whatever your care provider says.

If I were in your shoes I would ensure I have 100% faith in my care provider's recommendations (otherwise switch to someone else ASAP), ensure they know my intent to have a natural birth - not a delivery, closely monitor the conditions & baby, not try any method of pushing things along before a minimum of 38 weeks, and just go as long as safely possible based on risk assesments.

I'm sorry you're in kind of a difficult spot, but I hope that it all works out well for you & baby can safely brew to full term.

Quoting mamashealovekin: As of right now I have marginal previa, SUA, insulin dependent gestational diabetes, and low amniotic fluid. It's at 6cm. Which is a lot better than last week when it was at 4. She is also already in great position at this point

graycalico
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Position doesn't really matter at 32 weeks. My daughter turned breech at 40 weeks. Lol.
My son had sua. I was induced with a foley bulb catheter at 38.4 weeks. If I could do it again I would have waited longer, maybe even for natural labor.
mamashealovekin
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:11 PM
I'm 33 weeks now and she's been in the same position now for a while. I have the up most confidence she will stay this way.

Quoting graycalico: Position doesn't really matter at 32 weeks. My daughter turned breech at 40 weeks. Lol.
My son had sua. I was induced with a foley bulb catheter at 38.4 weeks. If I could do it again I would have waited longer, maybe even for natural labor.
graycalico
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:33 PM
There's a good chance she probably will but my daughter was head down most of the pregnancy too.
I was going to ask about your experience with sua since I haven't talked with any one else who has dealt with it but you don't seem very open to chat. Lol.

Quoting mamashealovekin: I'm 33 weeks now and she's been in the same position now for a while. I have the up most confidence she will stay this way.

Quoting graycalico: Position doesn't really matter at 32 weeks. My daughter turned breech at 40 weeks. Lol.
mamashealovekin
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:49 PM
I'm open. Haven't talked about it much with the doctor, they seem to be more worried about my other issues. They checked to see if her kidneys were working and they were and they want to watch out for IUGR. But with the diabetes, I don't think it's going to be much of a problem.

Quoting graycalico: There's a good chance she probably will but my daughter was head down most of the pregnancy too.
I was going to ask about your experience with sua since I haven't talked with any one else who has dealt with it but you don't seem very open to chat. Lol.

Quoting mamashealovekin: I'm 33 weeks now and she's been in the same position now for a while. I have the up most confidence she will stay this way.

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 3:01 PM

She. Has a LONGtime to get int position, and check out spinning babies for help. I see a lot of reliable sources saying SUA doesn't necessarily pose a risk, and GD can be controlled with diet.  Amniotic fluid replenishes itself also. I guess I don't see why inducing a week early would be necessary. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)