Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love motherwort

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
I have a 16-day-old and 2.5-year-old and we've had many ups and downs while trying to help our daughter adjust to having a baby brother. I also have had my ups and downs emotionally, as can be expected. I'm taking placenta pills which I feel has helped but there are still moments, usually when the 2.5-year-old is having a particularly hard time, when I get overwhelmed and feel like I am not good enough to be a mother to both of these wonderful little humans.

Thank goodness my midwife recommended motherwort and brought some by. I just take it when I start feeling overwhelmed and it helps SO MUCH. I've used it 4 times now. One person told me it is supposed to feel like a hug from your mother lol.

Had anybody else used motherwort? I must say that I think every woman needs motherwort during the postpartum period.
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
melindabelcher
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Never heard of it. 

luvemboth
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Never heard of it either. What exactly is it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
It's an herb. My IBCLC told me that taking it is supposed to feel like a hug from your mother. My midwife said it is great for calming anxiety, especially in the postpartum period. I've read that is has many uses with regards to the nervous system and relaxing smooth muscles.
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Placenta encapsulation worked bloody miracles for me, but I'm going to keep this in mind.  I don't think I've heard of using it before.  How are you taking it?

MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Mobile Photo

I have this tincture. I believe it says 40 drops in 2 oz water. It tastes pretty gross.

Edit: forgot to add picture

Quoting MamaBearEH:

Placenta encapsulation worked bloody miracles for me, but I'm going to keep this in mind.  I don't think I've heard of using it before.  How are you taking it?

hapababies
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Interesting, thanks for sharing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skylarkdancer
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:56 PM
I'm currently 9 days pp and also have a 2.5 yr old. I'm guessing this tincture is safe for nursing also?
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM
Yes it is. I am nursing both the toddler and newborn and my midwife team and lactation consultant agreed it was safe and a great thing for me to have on hand!

Quoting skylarkdancer: I'm currently 9 days pp and also have a 2.5 yr old. I'm guessing this tincture is safe for nursing also?
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM
Also, how are things going? congrats on your newbie!

Quoting MissSarah04: Yes it is. I am nursing both the toddler and newborn and my midwife team and lactation consultant agreed it was safe and a great thing for me to have on hand!

Quoting skylarkdancer: I'm currently 9 days pp and also have a 2.5 yr old. I'm guessing this tincture is safe for nursing also?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)