Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

greasy no-poo hair disaster

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi, All!  I have been no-pooing for nearly 2 years now, and all of a sudden my hair has become this greasy disgusting mess.  We live in a rural area but have a water tower and a water softener, but my husband has been working on our shower and I have had to shower other places.  I spent 4 days rustic camping and cleaning my hair in the lake, but this problem started even before then.  I feel like it was becoming oily while we still had our shower, and then showering at our families' homes with well water has exacerbated it.  Today I gave in and tried my MIL's Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo hoping it would cleanse some of the grease, but it still feels greasy.  Now, this is the kind of greasy that doesn't look awful, but it feels terrible.  It leaves a greasy film on my fingers after touching it, and has become unmanageable at the roots.  The oil is so thick it's hard to brush and it stays in place after sleeping almost like there is pomade on it : ) I know that's gross, but I don't know how else to describe it.  I woke up this morning and one side was sticking straight up!  I will take any adivce.  What I'm really looking for is a suggestion as whether to clarify and what to use.  Any deep-cleaning ideas?  And if I use a store product, what should I look for and will I need to go through the two-week-or-so process of converting back to no-poo?  Thanks!

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rmgriffberg
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:02 PM

i have no idea but here is a BUMP!

larissalarie
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Is there some recent hormonal change like pregnancy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllNaturalMum
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:33 PM

I would blame a hormonal change as well. No-pooing worked great for me- didn't even have a "transition period"... UNTIL I got pregnant.

Quoting larissalarie: Is there some recent hormonal change like pregnancy?

baby development
artsymomma3
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:50 PM
I'm not sure I'm currently menstruating and made it no-pooing through one pregnancy already with no problems. Does anyone have a good natural clarifying shampoo or homemade product?
graycalico
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Applesauce clarifies. The kind with no sugar or anything. Or an egg wash.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)