Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

chemical free?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:53 PM
  • 13 Replies

What chemical free/safe prodcuts do you use? 

Do you have all chemical free/safe products in your home or do you use some chemical cleaning agents?

by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quirky_mama
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:59 PM

I use the typical vinegar water solution for everything. It's cheap and works great. 

princess_peach
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 3:23 PM
I use vinegar and dawn for most things. I'm trying to get rid of chemicals, but Dh makes it hard.
mommymain
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:25 PM
What about laundry, bath/shower stuff, dishwashing soaps?
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 10:36 PM

I hear you on that one... we're mostly natural/green products in our home.  There are still a few things that I'm waiting to run out... like the dishwasher soap that I've had for over  years... haha!

Quoting princess_peach: I use vinegar and dawn for most things. I'm trying to get rid of chemicals, but Dh makes it hard.

mommymain
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:30 AM

I have become so aware of chemicals now that I have a baby, and with him crawling and pulling himself up on things I want my products child safe!!!! I dont want to worry about calling poison control if for some reason he was able to get into something. I am on my way to making my home chemical free and safe for my children (DS 7months, SD 7 years).

Mommy331
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:36 AM
I feel like I am a chemical free as I can get at this point lol. It took a few years but I don't use much more than baking soda, vinegar and dr. Bronners soap and coconut oil for bath stuff. I recently started using dr. Bronners soap for dishes too I found one specifically for that it might be new. The only thing I want to keep working on is my laundry soap and toothpaste. I want to be 100% homemade on those things too. Right now I use some trader joes detergent but I don't live near one anymore so I'll start making my own when I run out.
momma222.2
by New Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Hi, I used to used vinegar, but can't any longer because of gluten issues, so now I use lemon essential oils with potato vodka diluted with a bit of water. Sounds funny I know, but it works. lol

MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:01 PM

The only vinegar that isn't gluten free is malt.

Quoting momma222.2:

Hi, I used to used vinegar, but can't any longer because of gluten issues, so now I use lemon essential oils with potato vodka diluted with a bit of water. Sounds funny I know, but it works. lol

MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:02 PM

How are you using it for dishes?  Just straight, or do you have some kind of mix?

Quoting Mommy331: I feel like I am a chemical free as I can get at this point lol. It took a few years but I don't use much more than baking soda, vinegar and dr. Bronners soap and coconut oil for bath stuff. I recently started using dr. Bronners soap for dishes too I found one specifically for that it might be new. The only thing I want to keep working on is my laundry soap and toothpaste. I want to be 100% homemade on those things too. Right now I use some trader joes detergent but I don't live near one anymore so I'll start making my own when I run out.

hapababies
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:08 PM
My main chemical free products are cloth diapers instead of sposies, when I do use sposies I use 7th generation kind, coconut oil for lotion, and a menstrual cup instead of pads and tampons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN