New School Year Cleanout Day 2: Get Organized!
Ready for Day 2 of our New School Year Cleanout? Like everything else, school stuff can get out of hand. Here are some ways to organize:
- Get a plastic filing cabinet and file folders to organize art projects you don’t want to throw out, past assignments, tests and papers, and notes from the teacher or school. Be sure to label each folder so you know exactly what’s in it.
- Use a good sturdy shoebox (cover with pretty paper or fabric -- or have the kids decorate it for a rainy day project!) and fill it with any stray school stuff like glue sticks, markers, crayons, rulers, etc. You can keep it with the play things as an arts & crafts caddy or keep it on top of, or in, that plastic filing cabinet so everything is in one spot.
- If you don’t have one, pick up a small bookcase or install a shelf or 2 for books so you can see all of them clearly.
- Hang wall hooks or get a coat rack for backpacks, lunch bags, coats, etc. so everything can be put there at night, ready for the morning.
- Don’t forget the extracurriculars! Find a spot for musical instruments, stands and books and store soccer stuff, dance gear or any other equipment where it’s out of the way but easy to grab.
What are your best tips for organizing your kids' stuff?
Sign up for the New School Year Cleanout Challenge here: Are You Ready for School? Sign Up for the New School Year Cleanout!
If you missed yesterday's challenge post, find it here: New School Year Cleanout Day 1: Follow the 4 Ts