Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

New School Year Cleanout Day 3: Set up a Study Area

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:37 AM
  • 20 Replies

We hope you're enjoying the New School Year Cleanout so far! Today's topic? Setting up a space to study!

Having a quiet study can help your child stay focused and organized. If you don’t have a desk, get creative: use the top of a dresser or a storage chest, inside of an armoir, picnic table, etc. and equip it with:

• A comfortable, supportive chair
  • An inexpensive adjustable lamp
  • A cup full of writing utensils
  • Calculator, bookends, dictionary -- anything your kid(s) (or you!) might need for quiet reading, work, or study.

Where will you set up a study area if you don't already have one? What supplies will you stash there? Any creative tips you can offer?

reading

Sign up for the New School Year Cleanout Challenge here: Are You Ready for School? Sign Up for the New School Year Cleanout!
I
f you missed yesterday's challenge post, find it here: 
New School Year Cleanout Day 2: Get Organized!

by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micheledo
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:40 AM

We have five desks set up for our school area, but our oldest two also have a 'hidden' corner in their room where they can go to study, play, read.  They love having their own space!!

We have four boys that share a room, so we had to get creative to give them space.  The bunk beds don't fit up against the wall because of the angled ceiling, so in the space between the bed and the wall we have tucked a tv tray and a chair.  They LOVE it!

pinkcsmtlgy
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:09 PM

We have a desk in the living room for our boys to use. 

mna_823
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:10 PM
I need to get DD better storage so she can have more room on her desk.
kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:18 PM
We have a desk in their bedroom. We are cleaning it off today and putting a pen/pencil holder, and keep other supplies in the drawers.
AspensMama1537
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I really want to get my daughter a desk this year.
Lydlou02
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:01 PM
This year I'm going to be the one in school. Going back to college. I don't study well at home, so I will be doing most of my school work at the school library/computer lab. Some of my work will have to be done in the kitchen too. Culinary degree.

For my littlest one I'm thinking of turning her old crib into a desk pintrest-style.
othermom
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:02 PM

They do their home work at the kitchen table so I can help while cooking dinner

ablackdolphin
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:07 PM

We have a homeschool room

ablackdolphin
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:08 PM

However, she can also do work at the table, outside, in her room or on the couch

buzzimom-914
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I used  my toddlers diaper box large size as a table for my 8 year old we decorated the box with fabric and she loves using it we also have the kitchen table but she prefers her privacy:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN