Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Unassisted Homebirth

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 1:09 PM
  • 4 Replies
I myself had a home water birth and I had midwives and I personally feel comfortable having a midwife present BUT I am very curious about those that have chosen unassisted homebirth.  What were your plans if something would have gone wrong.
by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
unique_puzzle
by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 3:15 PM
ANYONE??
doulala
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2008 at 7:39 PM
I haven't had one... I will consider it if I manage to get pregnant again. ;-) I LOVE how homebirth midwives often sit across the room, staying away from the natural birth process as it unfolds. It makes me think how many women do have practically unassisted births, anyways!! The things the MWs do check could be done by daddy (or mom) IF need be. Being knowledgable of what to look for if something's not quite right would be important!! I know a woman who had her twins unassisted at home. She made a WONDERFUL video of it and shares it with all. Check it out if you're interested: www.earthbirthproductions.com
ainamama
by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 12:24 AM
i just wanted to say that i ahve had four home birtths and like doulala said..in some ways it was like going unassisted.excpet for my last one,where my midiwfe was a godsend getting me to try different positions(off topic).i have been to a few of my friends births that were unassisted by a midwife.after the last one in which i ended up delivering the baby-or rather helpig her deliver-i decided that i am uncomforatbale with  being at  an u.b.not that anything went wrong,but  being in the position of delivering the baby made me fully come to terms with the very real life or death aspect of birth.i feel like its great to give birth without interference,but if somehting swerious should happen..i want the oxygen,pitocen,etc readiy available because at least where i live,by the time an ambulance could arrive,it could be too late.i guess some people are willing to take the risk,but i'm not  one.

"This is my way.What is your way?THE way does not exist."~ Friedrich Nietzsche

my sustainable fiber businesses~

http://www.hamakuahomegrown.com

http://www.ecosilky.com

EuroMomTX
by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Quoting ainamama:

.i feel like its great to give birth without interference,but if somehting swerious should happen..i want the oxygen,pitocen,etc readiy available because at least where i live,by the time an ambulance could arrive,it could be too late.i guess some people are willing to take the risk,but i'm not  one.

I feel exactly the same.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)