Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

when to worry *breech baby*

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:29 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am 25wks and baby girl is breech. When should I start to worry about her being breech? Im not that worried right now because I know she still has time to turn.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MamaBearEH
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Check out this page at Spinning Babies for some information on breech babies.

Quote:The uterus is designed to have the baby in a vertical position in late half of pregnancy. The head becomes heavy enough, between 5 and 7 months, for gravity to bring the head down in a symmetrical womb.

Until about 24-26 weeks most babies lie sideways in the Transverse Lie position. During the second trimester most babies settle head down in the womb. Between 24 and 29 weeks many babies will be breech and by 30-32 weeks most babies flip head down.

bbyblueAK
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Thank you

Quoting MamaBearEH:

Check out this page at Spinning Babies for some information on breech babies.

Quote:The uterus is designed to have the baby in a vertical position in
late half of pregnancy. The head becomes heavy enough, between 5 and 7
months, for gravity to bring the head down in a symmetrical womb.

Until about 24-26 weeks most babies lie sideways in the Transverse Lie
position. During the second trimester most babies settle head down in
the womb. Between 24 and 29 weeks many babies will be breech and by
30-32 weeks most babies flip head down.

melindabelcher
by mel on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't be worried or paying attention to babies position until after 34/35 weeks. And even then babies are mocing and turning all the time so breech or head down today means nothing about their position tonight or tommorow :)

gingerprincess
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I've never had a breech baby, but from what I read they can turn a lot until after 30 weeks.

MamaBearEH
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:24 PM

It's much later in pregnancy, but there is a point where the chances of the child turning on their own dramatically decreases.  Until you hit that point no sense in stressing.  I want to say it's 36 weeks... not entirely sure...?

Quoting melindabelcher:

I wouldn't be worried or paying attention to babies position until after 34/35 weeks. And even then babies are mocing and turning all the time so breech or head down today means nothing about their position tonight or tommorow :)

SrkStrickland
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:44 PM

My first was breech so I talked to my midwives about it and they said they've seen babies turn in labor. I think by 28 weeks baby should be turned but it could happen at any time after that too. I agree with spinning babies if need be. It's highly recommended :)

Juniper53098
by June on Aug. 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Babies can turn at any time.  My middle child literally turned every other day for the last 2 weeks.  He was born at 39 wks, 6 days and was 10 lb.  He turned the day before birth.  I've also read in my doula studies that many babies will turn in labor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)