Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

disposable diaper with the least amount of chemicals????

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

we use cloth diapers, but ds has developed a horrible diaper rash and i have a feeling dr will give a cream for it. since i 1) need to strip diapers and 2) dont want to ruin our diapers, what brand of diapers has the least amount of chemicals and what store are they sold at?? (we have been using coconut oil mixed with tea tree oil to try to treat the rash. it was getting better but then got 10x worse)

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:26 PM

My favorite is Naty, then gDiapers, then Delora.  You can get all three of those from Amazon or Walmart.

AubryJ
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:17 PM

I use disposable inserts when we're out of town or I feel the need to cream little one up with something other than coconut oil. I use Softbums or GroVia disposable inserts. I don't know of any sold locally to me I've always bought online.

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Diaper liners are your friends with Cd.  That said I like the 7th gen sposies when we were at places that required sposies (like when ds was in the hospital).

mewebb82
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:39 PM
I prefer the feel of naty or honest diapers to any of the other natural diaper brands, but my son had an allergic reaction to something in honest diapers when we used them temporarily. Both brands are at target, but naty is also available at walmart and a few other stores.
melindabelcher
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 4:06 PM

We just use disposable inserts. 

MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:22 PM

I would avoid Seventh Generation like the plague personally... I bought a package to try when it was all I could find & I may as well have purchased a package of Huggies.  I threw them away as soon as I was able to find something else.  Not only did they leak for basically every pee, and all poops... but they left a gross sticky residue from the absorbent gel inside on baby's bum that caused a rash.  Plus they are dyed brown to look more natural.

Via David Suzuki's website I found this:

hapababies
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:39 PM
I love Naty, but they can leak if your baby is a heavy night wetter.
I had bad luck with Earths Best. They leaked all the time for me :(.
Seventh Generation hasn't leaked for me, so it's the sposie I use at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN