Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How long..

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

How long before your due date did you set up your birthing pool, if you had one? 

by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
melindabelcher
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:13 PM

This is what i'm trying to figure out to. lol.   So i'll be following this :)

I've never had a water birth or homebirth so this is just what i'm thinking. 

I am thinking about getting it all inflated and covered so no dust or anything will fall in it around 37-38 weeks (depends on when i get my to do lists acomplished) I typically have my babies between 38-39 weeks, while no guarantee this time :) But with how quickly some of my labors have been i'd just rather not have to worry about or be anxious about when to blow it up. 

Once i begin labor we will flill it up at least half way in case it goes quickly and i want to get in. If not i'll just need to add hot water when i'm ready for it later in labor. 

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:34 PM

That's a good plan. 

Quoting melindabelcher:

This is what i'm trying to figure out to. lol.   So i'll be following this :)

I've never had a water birth or homebirth so this is just what i'm thinking. 

I am thinking about getting it all inflated and covered so no dust or anything will fall in it around 37-38 weeks (depends on when i get my to do lists acomplished) I typically have my babies between 38-39 weeks, while no guarantee this time :) But with how quickly some of my labors have been i'd just rather not have to worry about or be anxious about when to blow it up. 

Once i begin labor we will flill it up at least half way in case it goes quickly and i want to get in. If not i'll just need to add hot water when i'm ready for it later in labor. 

ELKmountain.mom
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:56 PM
I believe we picked it up at 38 weeks and bad it blown up but not filled then. This time we are using the tub so we don't have to fuss with it.
It was very comfortable but after my husband spent an hour of my 4 hour labor filling and heating water only to be in it 20 mins. I think pushing in the tub will work will enough :)
I will add we could have filled it half way when labor started but I just told hubby to wait on the midwife, she then told him he better get busy if I had any hope to deliver there. She showed up at 1.30, he started filling, ran out of hot water (rental house ugh) and I got in at 2,40ish, water broke at 2.50 and baby was born at 3;) I loved delivering there but hardly labored in water.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN