Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

natural deodorant

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
I made a deodorant with baking soda and coconut oil (I think those were the only ingredients) for DD who is 6 1/2. It doesnt seem to help with the smell. Can anyone please help or recommend good but cheap deodorants.. ive heard of toms?
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaBearEH
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Why does your 6 year old need deodorant...?
lovinglife1622
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

There is this crystal deoderant, I'm sorry I don't know what the brand is, but my mom and sister have tried it and it helps the smell well.  It doesn't have alluminum and isn't an antipersperant, but it helps the smell.

levansbx
by Lee Ann on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:21 PM
I make my own and it works very well. This is the basic recipe. I also add a couple drops of essential oil (I love lavender), which helps a lot.

6-8 Tbsp Coconut oil (solid state)
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup arrowroot powder or cornstarch (arrowroot is preferred)
kellly
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:30 PM

I use Toms of Maine Lavender, but I always put a layer of coconut oil on first. If I have itchy armpits or really smelly ones I put a layer of coconut oil and then a tiny bit of blue star ointment. It usually burns at first but then later the smell is gone and so is the itch. Sometimes the smell  can be caused by too much sugar, it can lead to candida or high fungal levels. But that is what I use. 

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:04 AM
This! It probably isn't "working" because there's nothing to work on. I've never met a 6 year old with BO. I use coconut oil, baking soda, corn starch, and essential oils. Works great.

Quoting MamaBearEH: Why does your 6 year old need deodorant...?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teenabeena2293
by New Member on Sep. 8, 2014 at 7:21 PM

I use the crystal deoderant it works fine for me but I put it on in the morning and at night.  The Brand is Crystal and it costs a bit more than the average deoderant 4.99-5.99 however it has lasted me over a year. 

Quoting lovinglife1622:

There is this crystal deoderant, I'm sorry I don't know what the brand is, but my mom and sister have tried it and it helps the smell well.  It doesn't have alluminum and isn't an antipersperant, but it helps the smell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)