Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SIL is due to have her first

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 12:33 AM
  • 1 Replies
aloha mamas!my sil is due to have her first on feb. 17th,and i just emailed her and asked her how she was feeling about giving birth,and if she had a birth plan.she replied that she was scared about the birth but hdn't been able to take any classes,so has just read a little(most likely what to expect-puke!)and figured 'they'd tell her what to do once she's at the hospital".i am so afraid she will end up with all kinds of interventions etc because she obvioulsy hasn't done much to eductae herself.
so,my question to you is what would you tell her?its not like she asked for advice,but i'm sure if i send her a very informative email,she'll read it.she's about to go on maternity leave so she'll have time to read to.or do you think i should mind my own business and not say anyhting?
 thanks for any input!i just get so sad at how many mamas lose the chance to xperinece the joy of natural birth by not going into it informed!

"This is my way.What is your way?THE way does not exist."~ Friedrich Nietzsche

my sustainable fiber businesses~

http://www.hamakuahomegrown.com

http://www.ecosilky.com

by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
auspicious
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 5:11 PM
I'm a fan of giving books.  I just ran a search for "martha sears" on Amazon, and they have used copies of "25 things every new mother should know" for under $3 and "The Birth Book" for under $5.  If she's not afraid of hippies, there's always Ina May.  : )  Or Birthing From Within.  Or, if you have a particular favorite, give her a copy and tell her how much it helped you.  If she said she's scared, she'll probably react well to you being supportive.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)