Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Twins naturally?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 3:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

Has anyone had a natural birth with twins, or even a water or homebirth with twins.  I am just curious as to the statistics.  I am not having twins, nor do i know anyone who has had twins.  I just think that it is interesting to hear different birth stories.

by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 6:08 PM
I do know of several home waterbirthed twins. A midwife friend of mine runs a waterbirth center. She has to deliver her twin clients at home because the law doesn't permit twins to be born at the BC. We're producing a birth video about these several mamas and their many babies. (The most recent was a breech twins home waterbirth~ wheeww!!!) I don't have my own experience, but I am positive it happens! ;-)
kaysun
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 5:26 AM

Quoting doulala:

I do know of several home waterbirthed twins. A midwife friend of mine runs a waterbirth center. She has to deliver her twin clients at home because the law doesn't permit twins to be born at the BC. We're producing a birth video about these several mamas and their many babies. (The most recent was a breech twins home waterbirth~ wheeww!!!) I don't have my own experience, but I am positive it happens! ;-)

My midwife (who delivers all her babies at home once stated that she'd rather deliver twins then a big baby. I oops gave her 2 big babies lol. But I would defiantly give birth to my twins at home (if I were pregnant with them), as long as they where at least 37 weeks gestation, and I would love to have a water birth.
mbmomof3
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 9:26 AM

I didn't have twins but my close friend's sister did this past summer and she had them vaginally.  She also breastfed them exclusively for 6 months and is still breastfeeding them in addition to solids.  I'm not sure how 'natural' her birth was though.  I think I remember her saying that They wanted her to get to 38 but she made it to around 40 and then induced her. It didn't make sense to me why they would induce  except maybe because they didn't want the first head down baby to flip to breech, but I'd rather have a breech baby than be induced any day!

doulala
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 9:35 AM
Quoting mbmomof3:

I didn't have twins but my close friend's sister did this past summer and she had them vaginally.  She also breastfed them exclusively for 6 months and is still breastfeeding them in addition to solids.  I'm not sure how 'natural' her birth was though.  I think I remember her saying that They wanted her to get to 38 but she made it to around 40 and then induced her. It didn't make sense to me why they would induce  except maybe because they didn't want the first head down baby to flip to breech, but I'd rather have a breech baby than be induced any day!

These interventions just don't make much sense to me...
mommyof4in.Va
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 10:30 AM
Hi. I had my twins on Oct. 30, 2007. I was induced at 36 weeks - I delivered them vaginally with no epidural!! It was worth it!  
OilyMom
by on Jan. 23, 2008 at 10:27 AM

Quoting doulala:

I heard about one doctor/midwife (?) who considered breech an INDICATION for water birth since it eliminated the potential of the baby breathing while still in the birth canal.

I'll be sure to come back to this thread and post if I end up having twins this time around. :-)

Angela <><
A few links to everything I do and am. :-) Many Hats of a Wife and Mother Blog; Natural Essentials Aromatherapy, Plants and Bulbs Garden Writer, Massage Therapist in Atoka OK. Plus of course - the all important Myspace profile.
doulala
by on Jan. 23, 2008 at 6:12 PM
Quoting OilyMom:

That seems really smart!
Dani41780
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 3:01 PM
That is so awesome, congrats to you, there so cute.
Quoting mommyof4in.Va:

Hi. I had my twins on Oct. 30, 2007. I was induced at 36 weeks - I delivered them vaginally with no epidural!! It was worth it!

Photobucket

Lilypie 21 - 37 day cycle Ticker

FionaS
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Quoting mommyof4in.Va:

Congrats on the natural birth!!  They are too cute!!
LindseyAnne7
by on Feb. 6, 2008 at 6:54 PM
i am a twin...  my mom had a c section with us.  but my SO's cousin had twins vaginally.  I'm going to assume (knowing this girl) that there was some kind of pain medication involved, but i'm really not sure.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN