Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diva cup

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2017 at 2:11 PM
  • 7 Replies
Anyone use this? I just bought one and tried it today. Within 20 minutes I was feeling very light headed and slightly nauseous. Is this normal or is something wrong? Does it go away if it is normal?
by on Jan. 3, 2017 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Juniper53098
by June - admin on Jan. 3, 2017 at 3:54 PM

I've been using one for 7 years.  I've never experienced that....  But, I sometimes feel that way if I'm in pain.  Are you feeling any pain, like it's in crooked or the tail is poking you?

RheaF
by Member on Jan. 3, 2017 at 10:07 PM
No, no pain, I didn't feel it at all. There was a lot of suction when I took it out though. The lightheaded feeling went away as soon as it was out.

Quoting Juniper53098:

I've been using one for 7 years.  I've never experienced that....  But, I sometimes feel that way if I'm in pain.  Are you feeling any pain, like it's in crooked or the tail is poking you?

Juniper53098
by June - admin on Jan. 4, 2017 at 8:04 AM

Quoting RheaF: No, no pain, I didn't feel it at all. There was a lot of suction when I took it out though. The lightheaded feeling went away as soon as it was out.
Quoting Juniper53098:

That's really odd.  Sounds like you're reacting from it for some reason =(

illogicalkat
by Member on Jan. 4, 2017 at 1:05 PM

Have you ever had reactions to silicone products before? What you described isn't something I have ever felt in connection to a menstrual cup - although it's not an out-of-the-ordinary feeling while on my period. But not related specifically to using a menstrual cup.

RheaF
by Member on Jan. 5, 2017 at 12:55 AM
I haven't, I left it out for a day, then tried again but released the suction. No issues now.

Quoting illogicalkat:

Have you ever had reactions to silicone products before? What you described isn't something I have ever felt in connection to a menstrual cup - although it's not an out-of-the-ordinary feeling while on my period. But not related specifically to using a menstrual cup.

NaturalMommaof2
by New Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 4:11 PM

I use one all the time and I've never felt light headed or nauseous. They are fantastic! Way better than tampons!!

DKH722
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 5:46 PM
Maybe the suction was just too tight. Thats good that you listened to your body!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)