Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Non vaccination parent's lifestyle

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2017 at 5:07 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hello all. I am new to this site as I was trying to find mom's and other families out there who don't vax their children. Our daughter is 8 months old. She had her 2 and 4 months shots and then we started researching and researching bc it just didn't seem right. She has had some of her 6 months but we are leaning towards stopping completely the more we search. Her reactions seemed to get worse each time and I do not want to injure her. So my question is are there any other moms out there that don't vax and what is your lifestyle like? Do you only eat organic at home or do you cook normal food at home and go out sometimes? Im afraid if we don't vax and can't afford all organic diwt, it will be detrimental to her health. But I don't like all the toxins in the vaccines. We eat fairly well, cook at home,veggies and meat, etc and do some organic, but not all. Also she is breastfed and eating some solids, cooked myself. Thoughts? Thanks in advance
by on Jan. 3, 2017 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roisin07
by on Jan. 3, 2017 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't vax. My first 4 kids are though. My 4th only got his first couple months then my eyes were opened to a lot of the dangers and realized I was allowed to opt out of it. Prior I was ignorant with that stuff. My youngest 4 have not been vaccinated. Hardly ever a cold in my house. We do try to eat well as we have a self  sufficient homestead and raise our food as much as possible. The non vax actually came before our homesteading life.

Wolflover719
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2017 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for your reply. So even your non vax kids are super healthy, even before homesteading. That's awesome btw, I wish we could do that! Do you homeschool
Roisin07
by on Jan. 3, 2017 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes,  they have all been healthy. I do homeschool. This is officially our third year. 

Theres a lot you can still do to be "homesteady", no matter where you live. Growing veggies and herbs, some city ordainences allow chickens or rabbits for eggs/meat, cooking more homemade. So many things you can incorporate into your life no matter where you are! I have a homestead group here. I have just got back on CM  again. Was on a hiatus for a year and my group died off, but trying to rebuild it if you want to join!

just remember what you decide for your kids is yours to make. There's pros and cons to it all. 

Quoting Wolflover719: Thanks for your reply. So even your non vax kids are super healthy, even before homesteading. That's awesome btw, I wish we could do that! Do you homeschool

Wolflover719
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2017 at 8:17 PM
Thanks! Yes we grow our own veggies in the summer. I need to learn how to can to preserve what's left, we usually consume it all due to the size of our garden. Chickens are a good idea, we are allowed 5 in the city here. We also are hunters, but didn't get a tag this year :(

Thanks, I would like to join! Can u send me an invite?

Quoting Roisin07:

Yes,  they have all been healthy. I do homeschool. This is officially our third year. 

Theres a lot you can still do to be "homesteady", no matter where you live. Growing veggies and herbs, some city ordainences allow chickens or rabbits for eggs/meat, cooking more homemade. So many things you can incorporate into your life no matter where you are! I have a homestead group here. I have just got back on CM  again. Was on a hiatus for a year and my group died off, but trying to rebuild it if you want to join!

just remember what you decide for your kids is yours to make. There's pros and cons to it all. 

Quoting Wolflover719: Thanks for your reply. So even your non vax kids are super healthy, even before homesteading. That's awesome btw, I wish we could do that! Do you homeschool

Roisin07
by on Jan. 3, 2017 at 9:02 PM

Click on the banner in my reply and it will take you to my group then join🐥

Quoting Wolflover719: Thanks! Yes we grow our own veggies in the summer. I need to learn how to can to preserve what's left, we usually consume it all due to the size of our garden. Chickens are a good idea, we are allowed 5 in the city here. We also are hunters, but didn't get a tag this year :( Thanks, I would like to join! Can u send me an invite?
Quoting Roisin07:

bmommyx2
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2017 at 9:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, you don't have to go all in just because you don't vax.  My 10 yr old had two on a delayed schedule & my 5 yr old is vax free.  There are a lot of natural parenting groups on FB & you might find a local group.  We try to eat healthy, but we eat out & I try to limit sugar & junk.  I buy what I can organic & try to eat whole natural foods, but we are far from perfect.  Do what works for you & your family & what is right for you. 

Juniper53098
by June - admin on Jan. 3, 2017 at 10:00 PM
2 moms liked this

My kids are partially vaccinated and won't be getting any more vaccines.  We eat a mostly whole foods diet.  It is not all organic, as we can't get everything in an organic form locally.  I do have a garden and an organic CSA membership. I homeschool 1 of my kids, but that has nothing to do with our vaccine status.

I also have a daycare business.  I am up front with any families that interview me, so they can make an informed decision. 

pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2017 at 10:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't vax and I would probably be embarrassed to admit what my lifestyle is really like. I'm so for from perfect and where I want to be as a parent but not vaccinating is a good start for me. I also breastfeed. Breastfed my first until 4 1/2, only 1 month in with my newbie.
bmommyx2
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2017 at 2:48 AM

That's awesome, not a lot of people are able to that long.  My oldest nursed till 4 yrs 2 mos, then I was pregnant with number two & it was way too painful & he had a cold.  My youngest was never able to nurse & I pumped as long as I could & at 13 mos switched to a bottle.  I'm embarassed to say at 5 he still sleeps with it most nights, but I'm working on getting him to wean off it.  

Quoting pinkiebabii: I don't vax and I would probably be embarrassed to admit what my lifestyle is really like. I'm so for from perfect and where I want to be as a parent but not vaccinating is a good start for me. I also breastfeed. Breastfed my first until 4 1/2, only 1 month in with my newbie.

Wolflover719
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2017 at 10:15 AM
Thank you all for your replies. I posted in a "welcome" area and got some haters. The usual, you are a detriment to our world, etc. Of all of those that do not and have not vaccinated, ever regretted it? I havr heard a lot the other way but very rare to hear a regret for not vaccinating.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)