Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a little nervous about this

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2017 at 10:07 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am currently pregnant with my 4th baby.

this will not be my first Home / Natural birth. 

but my wonderful "Surprise Baby" is coming on the heals of my Hip fracture. 

With my other 3 I was in superb muscle condition, Extremely healthy, & very active.

Now I am 37, have had a Bad injury in my Judo class to my hip. It took me out of doing my regular exercises activities for over 2 years due to the amount of pain I was in. I had tried getting back into regular activity last year. (Painfully) But that all came to a halt when I got pregnant in June. This pregnancy also came with it celiac disease. That went undiagnosed for 4 months Before we found out what was wrong with me. I was mostly bed ridden those first few months.  Now as  I reach my finale weeks, My hip fracture is constantly reminding me it is still there. I am overly Muscle exhausted. I am not sure how this home birth will fair due to my recent condition. 

Advice?

bummed_out

by on Feb. 3, 2017 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Juniper53098
by June - admin on Feb. 3, 2017 at 10:50 AM

What kind of diet are you on?  Obviously, gluten free, but are you on an anti-inflammatory diet like AIP, SCD, or GAPS?  That might help.

danityjo
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2017 at 11:05 AM

I am mostly on a Paleo Diet. Living in a small town I am limited to my access of certain "Health foods" unless I can mak the hour drive to get it.  I will look further into AIP. 

Juniper53098
by June - admin on Feb. 3, 2017 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Paleo is a good start.  You don't need any special "health foods".  Just fresh, organic whenever possible.  Frozen is good, too.  Grassfed meat if available.  It's more about what you eliminate while healing.  Not totally familiar with AIP, but was on GAPS myself.

Quoting danityjo:

I am mostly on a Paleo Diet. Living in a small town I am limited to my access of certain "Health foods" unless I can mak the hour drive to get it.  I will look further into AIP. 

stargaze281
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:42 PM

very sorry you are dealing with a hip fracture along with being pregnant? Has the fracture healed enough?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)