Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pic heavy home birth/post partum journey

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2017 at 7:51 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Joseph was born in the tub 1:19 am June 5, 2017 after just over 3 hours of labor. He's been a boob dweller ever since 😂 Born at 6 lbs 6 oz dropping to 5 lbs 15 oz by day 3 he is now a whopping 10 lbs and 3.5 oz! We were discharged from the care of our midwifes today and it was very sad. They brought us food, did pampering treatments to me and were just so supportive loving and empowering through my entire journey.
by on Jul. 30, 2017 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by on Aug. 1, 2017 at 6:33 PM

Glad everything went so well for you!

Mammacra
by Member on Aug. 1, 2017 at 8:39 PM
It was so nice especially after 5 previous hospital births

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by on Aug. 1, 2017 at 10:30 PM

I've had 2 hospital births, and 2 out of hospital births (the last one was an accident) but I can understand.

Quoting Mammacra: It was so nice especially after 5 previous hospital births
Quoting kajira:

Holly9495
by on Aug. 1, 2017 at 10:46 PM

Congratulations! He is a beautiful baby!

Mammacra
by Member on Aug. 1, 2017 at 11:52 PM
Thank you he's a really sweet baby

Quoting Holly9495:

Congratulations! He is a beautiful baby!

illogicalkat
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:26 PM

ohmygoodness those eyes!!! He's adorable!

Question about the picture under the "heal & pamper", on the left, under the black salt caramel - what is that? It looks like a mound of loose incense burning on your navel, but I'm thinking I must be wrong about that.

Also, are those real lilies in the bath, or are they candles?

danityjo
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2017 at 11:48 AM

congrats, I couldn't do a water birth. (I tried once) but I did enjoy the post labor tea bath. 

countrygirl1218
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2017 at 11:47 AM

I can't do a water birth birth.  It slows down my labor.  I had to get out and walk to get labor started again. After many hours and trying several positions, I finally birthed on my hands and knees. 

Mammacra
by Member on Sep. 2, 2017 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you he is so sweet!

Question about the picture under the "heal & pamper", on the left, under the black salt caramel - what is that? Chocolate 🍫

It looks like a mound of loose incense burning on your navel, but I'm thinking I must be wrong about that. Nope it's incense burning on my navel you are correct she did it 13 times to help my internal organs go back into place.
Also, are those real lilies in the bath, or are they candles? They are all real flowers and leaves in the bath.

It's called "mother roasting" seems pretty popular for the midwifes in my area to do during the post partum care. I met another midwife in my area yesterday that also does it she's not affiliated with my midwife either.

Quoting illogicalkat:

Question about the picture under the "heal & pamper", on the left, under the black salt caramel - what is that? It looks like a mound of loose incense burning on your navel, but I'm thinking I must be wrong about that.

illogicalkat
by Member on Sep. 3, 2017 at 12:03 AM

Cool! Thank you for answering. 

Quoting Mammacra: Thank you he is so sweet! Question about the picture under the "heal & pamper", on the left, under the black salt caramel - what is that? Chocolate 🍫 It looks like a mound of loose incense burning on your navel, but I'm thinking I must be wrong about that. Nope it's incense burning on my navel you are correct she did it 13 times to help my internal organs go back into place. Also, are those real lilies in the bath, or are they candles? They are all real flowers and leaves in the bath. It's called "mother roasting" seems pretty popular for the midwifes in my area to do during the post partum care. I met another midwife in my area yesterday that also does it she's not affiliated with my midwife either.
Quoting illogicalkat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)