Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Music

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 8:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
Has anyone used music as a way to help with labor pain?  I hummed when I was in labor with my son...and wished I had brought my CD player with me.  So, I am bringing it this time and was wondering if music had helped anyone else.  And, what other techniques did you use to help with labor pain?

Thanks!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
doulala
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2008 at 9:00 PM
Yes music helped provide a source to meditate on. I mostly went inward to focus and meditate. First birth I watched a dragonfly buzz outside the window for hours (??) and the second birth on the shape of circles (I was chanting "OOO-pen" to my cervix).
1littleangel07
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 10:37 PM
music helped me a lot through labor. When I was laboring at home, and when the pain was getting pretty severe, I just wanted to be alone so I went in the baby's room, leaned forward on the ottoman, and listened to a baby einstein lullaby classics cd (and pictured myself rocking my baby girl to sleep to that music) and then when I was at the birthing center, I listened to a cd of Jack Johnson. It was helpful and helped me relax...though when I got to transition I wanted NO NOISE whatsoever, so the cd was turned off and it was silent in the room (I could hear my midwife breathing it was so quiet, as well as the humm of the jacuzzi).
StephandAustin
by on Feb. 13, 2008 at 10:29 AM
Well, I burned a CD with all my favorite music and have it in my bag.  I feel a lot more calm about this birth...which has surprised me considering how nervous I was a few weeks ago.  I was practically in tears thinking about it.  I have done a lot more reading, research, and calming techniques this time around...so, I feel a lot more confident.  I just can't wait to see my little one!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

doulala
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2008 at 12:19 PM
Quoting StephandAustin:

I have done a lot more reading, research, and calming techniques this time around...so, I feel a lot more confident.  I just can't wait to see my little one!!

Oh good! That's how it SHOULD be!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)