Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 5th delivery will not be natural :(

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2008 at 6:27 PM
  • 3 Replies
Ok ladies.  If you pray, I'd appreciate all the prayers I can get.  On Monday, I went to the OB's office.  They did an internal exam and discovered that I've lost my mucus plug.  The Dr. assured me that it doesn't necessarily mean I will deliver soon, but to keep on top of the changes my body is going through and to head to the hospital if I'm contracting.  I am supposed to rest and not do anything un-necessary.  (like there isn't anything to do at home!)  I had my anesthesia consult.  They decided that with my heart history, that I should have a spinal or epidural to limit the stress placed on my heart.  Which means a schedualed delivery because my labors are so quick.  Ok, they are telling a 4x natural delivery Mom that she has to have interventions.  ( I hate the idea of not being able to feel baby delivering, but I don't want to jeopardize my health) Also, I had to see my Cardiologist for a consult.  He decided that since there is added stress already on my heart they would put me on a beta-blocker to protect me from further damage.  Since I plan on breast feeding, I can only take this medication until delivery. (my resting pulse rate was 110, sitting was 130 and standing was 140+) I also failed my 1 hour glucose test.  So I have to Carbo-build for three days and redo the 3 hour fasting test, and take an Iron pill and a 81mg aspirin.
I hate medicine.  I try not to put anything into my body that doesn't need to be there.  Of course I will do whatever it takes to cook this baby until it's ready and safe to be born.
by on Feb. 6, 2008 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
doulala
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2008 at 6:34 PM
What about the risk of a heart attack (and etc) that is associated with epidural complications? What did they say about that?
wannabeme6
by on Feb. 6, 2008 at 6:49 PM
Since I've already had 2 heart attacks(10 months after I delivered my last child) and during the deliverary I experienced chest pain and discomfort that was similar to my attacks, they've decided it's better to be pro-active.  I'm almost more afraid of taking the aspirin then any complications of the epidural.
doulala
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2008 at 6:52 PM
It sounds like you are learning all about your benefits & risks for the safety of your unique situation. Good luck to you! :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)