Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nervous about upcoming labor

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2008 at 11:25 PM
  • 2 Replies
I'm starting to get more and more anxious.  My doctor and I don't agree about my due date, so in a twist, I think I'm overdue and to them, my due date is still upcoming.  Long story, it's mostly my fault about the confusion.  So...my mucus plug (non-bloody) comes out all at once this morning, and I'm finally feeling the occasional contraction.  And of course I have work lined up for Monday (cleaning) and could reeeaally use the money, AND I'm going into this labor as drug-free, which will be very different from last time.  My only consolation is that I went the first seven hours with an epi, so at least I didn't demand an epi the moment I got to the hospital.  I am hoping the baby will stay in until Monday night...but somehow I don't see this happening.  The contractions are somewhat in the back as well as front.  I think that's an impending sign.

Ironic that I finally am hoping the baby will stay in for just a few more days, and s/he is deciding now is a good time.  Anyone have any similar "very inconvenient moment" they went into labor? 
by on Feb. 16, 2008 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
highmtnmom
by on Feb. 17, 2008 at 12:58 AM
If your gonna go do a bunch of heavy duty cleaning that could definately bring labor on.  Be careful!
IBME
by on Feb. 18, 2008 at 11:21 PM
You may have had your baby already, but I agree- if you have been working hard today you will bring on your labor even stronger. Wether its before babies 'due date' or after, babies come when they need to come, sometimes for an important reason so don't  let that part stress you out. I was two weeks past and it was all fine, I have a freind that gave birth 6 weeks early and it was all fine. You will have another chance to make money, dont worry to much about it and ENJOY this amazing experience!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)