Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Epaderal question?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2008 at 8:45 AM
  • 6 Replies
With my first child I had gotten an epaderal and had a savier  reaction.  Could that be just because it was my first time or could I be allergic to it?  If so what do I do about it this time around?
by on Mar. 10, 2008 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
EuroMomTX
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 9:52 AM
Are you saying you had an Epidural and had a severe reaction to it?
That's easy to avoid. You don't have to have an epidural. No Epi- no reaction ;)

Jsalerno30
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 2:46 PM
But I dont know if I can go through with out one. I mean I will deal with it if I have to but I was just wondering if it was just because it was my first time or will it happen everytime I get one.
fallonwonder
by on Mar. 27, 2008 at 4:40 AM

I honestly know people who even after 30 plus years can have alot of back pain and problems directly related to an epidural. My boyfriends mom youngest is 23 and still has back pain, really bad sometimes, has ever since she had her children. My cousin just had a baby 17 months ago and she has had back pain since right after she had the baby. They perform epidurals everyday, and alot of woman tolerate them, some become paralyzed, some have back pain for the rest of their lives. With my first baby i was 17 and went natural, he was only 6lbs.14oz. with my second, he was 9lbs. and the labor was tolerable until they broke my water, I thought i was going to die, but even with all the money in the world, a mansion, and everything i ever wanted, i would not get one.i figured that a few hours of pain that i cant even remember now, compaired to what effects the epidural could have, ...i will never get one! they would have to knock me out first!!

mbmomof3
by on Mar. 27, 2008 at 4:11 PM
My SIL had a severe reaction to the epidural.  Her heart rate dropped so low that they had to give her more meds to get it back up.  She decided not to have the epidural with her second baby and she did wonderfully without it.  If you had a reaction the first time I personally would err on the side of caution and not get it.
Banani263
by on Mar. 27, 2008 at 4:14 PM

I believe a natural birth would be a drug free birth and you CAN do it without the epidural!

AFWifey_05
by on Mar. 27, 2008 at 4:17 PM
I had an epi with my first and no reactions to it. I felt great afterwards. So maybe ask your doctor girl?
With my 2nd i did it all natural and i'm gla di had both experiences. and i know some women have a lot of trouble with epi's/ For some they don't even work. So i guess it really depends on you. As i said, jsut ask your doctor what he thinks about the reaction you had. Maybe he can give you a clear answer?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)